Chapter 1 - Game On

Susy's POV:

    I let out a groan as I sit up, raising a hand to my throbbing head. What in world happened? Looking around the familiar living room I see all my friends are slowly starting to come to consciousness. Except they're dressed differently than they had been only a short while ago. Crawling over to the nearest body, which happens to be Savanah I gently help her sit up.

    "You alright Sav?" I ask in concern as she just nods.

    "I've been better." I just nod, brushing some of my hair from my face. We were still in Vienna's basement. "What happened?"

    "I'm not sure." Savanah says, "The last thing I remember is watching the creepy ass words on the tv screen."

    "Same." I nod before looking around. "Let's make sure everyone else is ok." with that we both set to work. I crawl over to Sam as Savanah makes her way over to an unconscious Vienna. But before she can get to the girl she bolts up.

    "I didn't do it!" she calls outs before clutching her head with a 'uff da', causing Savanah to let out a small scream. I chuckle before directing my attention back to the unconscious Sam. Shaking her gently I begin to call out her name. After a few seconds she begins to recover and groans.

    "Ow...what happened?" She asks sitting up slowly.

    "We're not sure. We'll figure it out as soon as everyone's ok." I say before making my way over to Alex who had his face buried into the carpet, and ass in the air.

    "Hey everybody look at how Alex died!" I hear chuckles from around us before I pinch the boy's arm. He jerks and falls onto his side.

    "Motherfucker pussy cunt asshole!" he curses clutching his arm. "What the fucking hell was that for!?"

    "You were unconscious. I was only helping you." I smirk. "You should've seen yourself a few seconds ago though." The thought of it alone made me laugh.

    "Shut up!" Alex demands, his face slightly turning red. "What the fuck happened?"

    "We aren't sure." I say with a shrug. "All we-"

    'Welcome! Please insert a name!'

    "What the hell was that!?" I scream as the woman's voice echoes through the basement walls. I hear whispers begin to ring throughout the group.

    "What should we do?" Sam asks.

    "Maybe...we should listen?" Vienna suggests.

    "Oh yea, cause listening to a creepy ass voice that appears out of nowhere won't lead us to our death." Alex scoffs, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

    "Well, I mean what harm is there in entering a name?" Savanah pipes up. "We don't even have to put our real names if we feel it's too dangerous." The woman's voice repeats itself again and we all look at each other.

    "Fine! But if we die, it's all your fault!" Alex says, raising his hands in the air. "But I'm not going first." everyone else just shifts before I clear my throat.

    "I...I guess I'll go." I say, though the confidence I thought would be there was absence as they just nod. "W-where do I enter my name!?" I call out and all remains silent for a few seconds before the screen flashes and a blinking green line appears telling me to enter my name.

    Taking a guess I grab the ps4 remote an begin to type in my codename.

    'Alpha is now registered. Scanning.'

    But before I can ask what that means a green wave flashes over me.

    'Scan complete. Position....Demolitionist. Please collect your gear.'