BONUS CHAPTER

They say that when one door closes, two new ones swing wide open. I've never believed in it: that something as complicated as opportunities could be served up on silver platters. But then again I've never been one for silver platters.

I've had to work for everything I have, had to fight every step of the way.

I barely made it through high school. I've taken punches and worn my bruises, and now I'm tending to my wounds, but for the first time ever I don't wish that they were gone. For the first time ever the sight of my battle scars doesn't disgust me or anger me, they fuel me with pride and strength, because they remind me of what I've already gone through, and how strong I am for it.

I don't need anyone to lean on or someone to fight by my side, but I have and I'll be forever grateful for it.

"You okay, Cass?" Justin asks, popping his head through the open doorway.

I smile in reassurance and nod, as he walks through the doorway and sits on my bed. I'm propped on my knees on the floor, rummaging through my last moving box.

"This place is huge," he exclaims, his eyes searching the small room.

"It's just as big as yours," I tell him. He's been complaining about his shared dorm room for the past two weeks, since he found out that I got placed in a single.

"Still," he shrugs. "At least yours doesn't smell like old socks and sweaty guys."

I giggle at his disgusted expression. "What did you expect, going into college on a football scholarship?"

"Crazy parties and cute girls?" He grins innocently and I arch my eyebrow at him.

"Cute girls, huh?"

"Yeah, what a disappointment," he sighs in mock disappointment, as he flops back on my bed, one arm going up to cover his eyes.

"I bet," I chuckle. "Too bad for you. There's a ton of cute guys here, you know?"

"Hey now!" He exclaims in horror, sitting up straight. "You don't get to look at guys - cute or not."

"Says the chick magnet," I narrow my eyes at him and purse my lips.

He shrugs, "I can't tell them not to look, babe."

"Well you should try."

"You know I only have eyes for you," he winks at me, no doubt hoping to provoke a smile, but I force my expression to stay put, making Justin's smile fade. "Come on," he groans, "don't force me to come down there," he threatens but I still don't give in.

Then he's pushing off of the bed and with the speed of lightning he's on the floor, pinning me down and attacking my sides.

"Justin!" I squeal, fighting to pull my hands free to push him off of me.

"Can't hear you," he teases.

"Justin," I scream through fits of giggles, as he digs his fingers further into my side. "Stop. Get off."

It's crazy to think that there was a time where Justin touching me like this, sitting across my midsection and digging his hands into my side to tickle me half to death, would've made me flinch away from him or straighten and suck in my stomach, scared that what he would find there would disgust him or throw him off, when it feels so natural now - like two puzzle pieces coming together or stars aligning perfectly on the night sky.

I may not be completely happy with how I look, but it's the way that I feel that makes it worth the while to me. It saddens me knowing that if Justin had never forced me to acknowledge the real me, I might have never seen past my own insecurities, so I try not to think about it, but it's an inevitable fact.

"Say 'Justin you're the best'," he tells me in a sing song voice.

"Justin you're the best," I scream, thrashing left and right, hoping to throw him off and get away from his hands.

"Say 'you're the cutest guy here Justin'."

"Cutest guy," I squeal, in between breaths.

"Who?"

"Justin!"

"Who's the sexiest?" He smirks, taking advantage of his upper hand.

"Justin!" I scream again.

"Damn right," he chuckles, finally stopping his assaults, leaving me panting beneath him. "It would do you good to remember that," he tells me, wiggling his eyebrows, as he leans down.

"I hate you," I lie in between fast breaths.

"Aww," he purrs, giving me a quick peek on the lips, "I love me too, now get up," he tells me, before peeling himself off of me. Once he's standing again, he offers me his hand and pulls me off of the floor.

"You ready?"

I'm still trying to catch my breath, something that always seems just a little bit more impossible whenever Justin is around, which has been almost all the time lately.

"Yes," my voice is raspy and rough with anticipation, "I'm ready."

For whatever comes next, I'm ready.

//AN: happy holidays to you all! I thought you deserved just a little peek into Justin and Cassidy's future - our babies in COLLEGE. I still can't believe the incredible reactions you guys still have to this story. I honestly get notifications EVERYDAY from votes or comments or adds on this story and it makes my day every time! When I first wrote this story I had absolutely no idea that it would become this big or mean so much to so many. I miss talking to y'all so much - I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I hope this bonus chapter can give back just a little bit of the happiness you guys continue to bless me with each and every single day.

How are you doing? What are you up to? Where are you from? Are you working on anything new? Would you like me to work on anything new? I want to know it all!!!

Also what do you celebrate and when? I celebrate Christmas Eve and so this is my little Christmas gift to all of you.

You can also leave your sociale media names (twitter, instagram) down below and I'll add you or you can add me on snapchat - Unidentifiedxx//