Introduction

"Finally, a damn break." Breathed Qrow and Winter as they hopped into their separate beds in different rooms in distinct regions of the world after completing their respective missions. For Winter, it was a matter of being independent from her father. For Qrow, it was to find a purpose in his forsaken reality. Tired of it all, they wanted something new. For some people it wasn't everyday that you had to live your life on the edge and protect the world from the numerous amounts of Grimm that roamed the vast majority of the lands.

But for these two, it was.

Sure it IS amazing to help people and keep them safe from the dangers that Grimm naturally bring when they inhabit an area, but it was also tiring and kept you wondering about what to do next in life. Or if you were even going to survive. Sit, wait, get called in. Repeat. That's how the life of these two passed by more or less.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staring into the ceiling of the straw hut that was reserved for him, Qrow exhaled a deep sigh of relief and frustration. Not only was he tired, but he was out of alcohol.

'I really should have brought a bottle with me before I left.'  thought Qrow. 'Or 5.'

He was stuck deep in the heart of a remote jungle assisting a tribe in controlling the population of Grimm close to their territory. The problem with that was that they didn't actually have a bar open. Or even alcohol for that matter, it was literal Hell. The only thing good to come was that he was getting picked up by an airship early in the morning and was put on reserve for his next assignment. Luckily for him, he accepted and completed more missions than the average hunter, so unless he went out of his way to pick something out of the quest board he would naturally have a good amount of break before he would get reprimanded by Ozpin for doing nothing for a large period of time. 'The perks of being a lowlife.' It just happened to be that this lowlife hated being sober.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep.... beep.... beep.... beep....BEEPBEEPBEEP....BEEPBEEPBEEP....BEE-

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Screamed Winter at her alarm clock as she slammed her wrist on the stop button. 'Ahh... I hate everything.' It's been more than a few years ever since she left the care of her mansion. The pampering, the food, and most importantly the sleep. She was used to having a bunch of paperwork sitting for in her office her regarding the company of her father, as she was supposed to inherit the will of the business. But she decided against it. She didn't want something already planned for her. She wanted to make her future her own.

Still... The lack of professionalism that she didn't have to display at home but at Beacon was still something that she couldn't get used to. Getting up and doing her daily rituals, Winter thought about what to do for her upcoming break.

'I could go visit Weiss for a while, see how she's doing with her training.' Realizing that her sister had things to do of her own, she decided to limit her visit for a day. 'I don't want to get in the way of her and her team's plans. Maybe I should go do some training of my own.' After she finished getting ready, she checked her scroll for any notices from her superiors. Sure enough there was. It read: Winter Schnee to report to General Ironwood's office. 'Here we go.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's open." Winter heard the General's voice through the door.