Chapter 8

Jane's POV

When the kiss started, my mind felt blank but there were fragments of blinding images that ran through my mind. The first instinct my body had was to kiss back but I fought the urge to give up to my senses.

I pushed him away forcefully  just in time for him to meet a fist. Ryan's fist to be exact.  

Justin toppled down the floor,startled and winced when he placed his hand at his right cheek.

I looked at Ryan and he seemed like he was ready to murder his very own bestfriend but then he looked at me and neared me placing a comforting arm on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked,giving me a concerned look. 

I smiled and nodded. Why did Justin say that he was cheating on me? Cant he see how much Ryan loves me and I to him? How can he say such words....such backstabbing words to his best friend just for the sake of getting me?

Maybe, just maybe, something is off. my mind thought.

I shook my head. Ryan is my  boyfriend. I should trust him. Most relationships break because couples dont trust each other. I have to trust him...

But what of Justin now?my mind asked.

I sighed and replied to my non existent subconsiousness, What of him? Hemade his choice. I guess I have to spell things out to him.

You mean spell your lies out to him. Tell him you dont really love him even if I keep screaming that you still do .my subconsious mind mocked.

I groaned and said,Past is past. I may have loved him but not anymore. 

Oh yeah? Girl,have you heard of the saying first love never dies? That's true ya know? I know it cuz Im feeling what you're really feelin. 

I inwardly sighed and before I could reply tomy crazy hell of a mind,I saw Justin punch Ryan and that made me draw the line.

"ENoUGH!"I screamed.

The two looked at me.

"Enough."I whispered and broke down into tears. Ryan hugged me and Justin looked crestfallen.

"J-Jane,I-I.." he stuttered.

"Leave us alone Justin. I told you, I never liked you. Please leave us alone." I asked.

"But Jane, he's cheating on you." he said.

My fury boiled inside me. "NO! CANT YOU UNDERSTAND? I SAID LEAVE US AND NEVER COME BACK IN OUR LIVES! i DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK BUT I TRUST HIM. BESIDES JUSTIN,I NEVER WANTED TO SAY THIS BUT HERE, ID BE SAYING IT. I LOATHE YOU. I NEVER LOVED YOU CUZ I HATED YOU. I HATED YOUR ARROGANT,OBNOXIOUS AND GOOD FOR NOTHING SELF! NOW LEAVE THIS INSTANT AND NEVER COME BACK!"  I scareamed,guilt ,present inside of me.

 He winced at every word I uttered and my heart broke piece by piece inside. I dont love him anymore but he's still my friend. I never wanted this but I cant bear him  destroying what Ryan and I have. 

He turned around but before he did,I saw a tear streak down his face. I was shocked and guilty beyond words but I have already done the deed and it was finished. No words nor actions can change the passage of time I created. 

He opened the door and my subconsious self screamed,No! Dont leave! This hot momma here is being a hard to get lady! No! She doesnt really love Ryan!!!

I closed my eyes and told myself that I really loved Ryan.I closed my eyes and tried hard to forget about Justin. I tried my very best to be contented in the person here beside me.

Guess what?  Im not so sure anymore. Is Justin really honest on what he said?Or are my feelings lying to me?

Justin's POV

"NO! CANT YOU UNDERSTAND? I SAID LEAVE US AND NEVER COME BACK IN OUR LIVES! i DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK BUT I TRUST HIM. BESIDES JUSTIN,I NEVER WANTED TO SAY THIS BUT HERE, ID BE SAYING IT. I LOATHE YOU. I NEVER LOVED YOU CUZ I HATED YOU. I HATED YOUR ARROGANT,OBNOXIOUS AND GOOD FOR NOTHING SELF! NOW LEAVE THIS INSTANT AND NEVER COME BACK!" she  screamed.

Every part of me broke inside. It was worse than the time a car hit me. I felt worse than that. Even death itself couldnt compare to this pain. Death is no match for a broken heart.  It was better to die than  hear those words from her. 

I was trying to tell the truth but...I just made her hate me. I brought it up to myself .

"Sir, you cannot go out of the hospital yet!" one nurse said.

I pushed her away. "LEave me alone." I told her,glaring.

She nodded ,scared of me .

I brushed passed her and went to my house. 

--

I grabbed a beer in the freezer and drowned myself in alcohol.

"Why? I did as you told me. I never showed you my love.THe last time I did was .....but you dont remember anyways so how can you make up pretenses on me but not on him who has wronged you? ! WHY?!" I screamed .  I know no one could hear but I wanted to bring it all out.

I grabbed another beer from the freezer and slammed my butt on he sofa. I drank more beer and eventually , I got drunk. 

Later that night, I heard the door of my house open and I opened my eyes to be greeted by the sight of Jane.

"J-Jane?What are you doing here?" I asked her.

I saw her smile,a sad smile.

"Well,I know it is wrong to take advantage of you at a time like this but as long as I can get your attention,its fine with me." she said.

I frowned. "My attention was always pinpointed at you." I whispered.

She sat beside me and said,"That's what you thought." 

I shook my head."No. You're the only person I think about. I love you that much. More than myself. More than my life. I love you so much I sacrificed a lot. " I told her.

She sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I wish you'd say that to me ....more.... for real. Not in this state."  she said.

"You should only ask." I told her. 

I was still confused on how she was here but all thoughts drowned on me as she said, "THen , can I just get a kiss of proof? They say actions speak better than words." 

And the last thing I remembered was her arms on me as we kissed.

----

The next day,I woke up with a huge hang over. I looked beside me and realized it was already morning . I smelled the smell of pancakes so despite my headache, I stood up and looked at who it was.

I was astonished to see Cora cooking in the kitchen. She turned around and realised I was awake.

She placed the food down and hugged me.

"Good morning ,Justin." she said.

I pushed her away and said,"Why are you here?" 

"DOnt you remember? I took care of you last night?" she asked.

I frowned. Is she saying the person I thought was Jane is Cora?