Chapter Six: The Neck

Akutagawa led the way towards the financial district, where their target worked. Then needed to execute him swiftly and more importantly, from a distance. Akutagawa had planned just to snipe him from above with a rifle, however, The Boss wanted to send a message. Anyone could kill with a bullet, few could kill with an ability and get away with it.

"I can snipe him with one of my crystals, if I make it into a dagger and aim at a vital organ then-" She explained to Akutagawa waving her hands around and summoning a crystal dagger.

"How far can the crystals be from you before they shatter?" Akutagawa questioned, now looking that she still wore her crystal armor. It was drawing attention to them, but she had managed to keep it on so far. She hid her face with a slightly see-through piece. You had to be up close to see her face.

Keomi took the crystal dagger by the blade and threw it as hard as she could. It flew about a fifty yards and then clattered to the ground, however, it did not shatter.

"You go throw it now, see how far you can get it from me before it shatters." Keomi spoke, mildly annoyed that she could only get the weapon that far. She would have to get better at throwing daggers far away, especially if the boss ever decided to make her a sniper.

"You do realize that we are out in the open and a civilian could find us at any time?" Akutagawa grumbled towards her, but began to walk and get the dagger nonetheless.

He picked up the dagger balancing the weight on his hand before throwing it as hard as he could. It made it another fifty yards before it shattered in the air. She would have to get him to teach her how to throw daggers so proficiently.

"We have a good hundred yards of distance between us and the target then." Keomi said when she finally got back next to Akutagawa.

"I suppose it will have to do for now, but we will try to keep it in the fifty yards since you can't throw very far yet." That would be the next thing that they would have to work on. If she was going to use crystal daggers, then she would have to learn to throw one. A regular dagger and one made out of crystal were different and one would have to take that into consideration.

"Who is my target then, Aku?" Keomi asked and smiled when he gave her a glare for the nickname. Akutagawa pulled out a photo from his jacket handing it over to her.

Wordlessly she took the picture looking at the person she was meant to kill today. It was a young woman, brunette, brown eyed, and had her hair in a bun. She wore black framed glasses and a grey blazer.

"This is Yamika Shizi. She is your target." Akutagawa didn't tell her why the mafia wanted her dead and he wasn't going to. If she was going to learn to be in this world she would have to simply do what people told her to.

"Why does the Boss want her killed?" Keomi asked looking up towards her mentor, he simply shook his head.

"I'll help you find her, but once you spot her I will be heading back to the mafia. Remember to snipe her and to not get too close." Akutagawa explained ignoring is protege's question, a frown on his face.

"Ok, Akutagawa." Her voice softened and she looked away instead watching the crystal dagger that laid in her hand.

They walked all the way to the financial district and found the mark eating her lunch. Akutagawa pointed her out but Keomi told him that she had already found her. Akutagawa gave his protege a firm nod and began to depart, not sparing another glance at the girl.

She was in the shadows right now so no one could tell that she was was in her armor. She gathered more crystals to make her invisible with the armor still on. She panted harshly against the crystals knowing that she would run out of energy quickly this way. She would commit the murder and then take down the invisibility armor... it was the hardest to use.