Chapter Five: The Arms

The Boss watched her carefully seeing how hard she was fighting the exhaustion that overwhelmed her. Akutagawa was describing the details of their mission, how everything went. The operative was deemed inoperable, she had been slaughtered. Keomi had been the one to do it, per Akutagawa's command.

Keomi was glad that Akutagawa had given her those gloves, she no longer had to feel the life force of another on her body. She didn't have to feel the warm red on her cracked hands. She had stared into the lifeless eyes of the operative and all she could think is that is how the port mafia treated their operatives. They were expendable.

She had used her ability a total of four more times after she had shown up at the rooftop. By the time she had dealt the killing blow her ability was sloppy. Her mind was weak from using her ability so often. Her crystal whips hadn't been strong enough, instead only shredding her skin. Keeping her alive.

Akutagawa had told her to hurry up and end it.

Keomi had looked into two brown orbs that were welling up with tears. Keomi mouthed that she was sorry to the girl and resisted the urge to close her eyes. She had focused all of her concentration to a single point on two of her fingers. She bent down and stabbed the girl right in the jugular. Finally, the death was peaceful.

Akutagawa explained that they would not have been able to retrieve the girl and bring her back safely. He told the boss that he had planned to kill the girl himself, but Keomi told him she wanted to do it. The Boss's eyes lit up in delight.

"Keomi-Chan, explain please. In detail." The Boss's eyes hadn't left Keomi for a single second, a sadistic smile on his face. She looked like an Amazonian warrior.

"It was my first mission and I needed the practice. If I am going to get stronger I need to be able to kill even when I'm on the brink of exhaustion myself." Keomi didn't want to think about how much easier Rashomon would've been able to kill the girl. She had hoped to give her a swift death and instead ended up prolonging it.

"Very good Keomi-Chan!" The Boss clapped his hands together his eyes glancing back and forth from Akutagawa and Keomi.

"You are dismissed Akutagawa." The Boss spoke his eyes falling back onto Keomi as Akutagawa walked away. She looked him in the eyes, wishing for nothing more than sleep.

"I see you're wearing Chuuya's coat, Keomi-Chan. Should I expect a happy announcement soon?" The Boss's eyes seemed to twinkle in mischief to the girl.

"No, Chuuya simply allowed me to borrow his while I washed my own. I will be returning it after I leave here, Sir." Keomi spoke lightly though her voice was hard and sure. She was not dating Chuuya, right now she could barely stomach to look at the man. The executive.

"Ah, very well then," The Boss paused stepping towards Keomi. He placed his hand on her head, a smile on his face, "You did a good job Keomi-Chan, I'm so proud of you."

Keomi's eyes widened as she looked into his eyes, which were the softest she had ever seen them. She licked her lips nervously, she wasn't used to this kind of praise. Especially not for... killing someone.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Alright, you best go give that back to Chuuya and then get some rest. I'm sure Akutagawa plans to have you continue you're training tomorrow." Mori spoke and Keomi nodded once giving the man a half smile of her own.

"Yes Sir." Keomi made her way out of the Boss's office, her eyes unconsciously going to the spot where she had killed a man for the first time. There were no drips of blood, no stains of red, absolutely nothing that showed what had happened there.