It was Balin and Dwalin who just simply looked at each other. They had both rolled their eyes and not commented on them seemingly taking their relationship further. It was only natural, and it wasn't wholly their right to comment. Fíli and Kíli on the other hand joked and teased and ended up suffering a hard slap around the head by their mother. Who, so rightly commented, that they shouldn't tease their uncle or friend. Though once her sons were away, Dís was teasing Náriel as badly as her children were.

Náriel on the other hand glared darkly at her friend. She had never been that close to someone as to become intimate with them. There was only one person and that was Thorin. Though because he was Dís's brother, she thought she had right above all others to tease Náriel. "Starting a family so soon?" Was one comment Dís had pleasure of sniggering over, Náriel moved on in silence. In her arms she carried things to set at the tables for later, just place mates, candle sticks; the usual banquet paraphernalia. "Náriel, really there's nothing to be embarrassed about." Dís had continued on much to Náriel's displeasure.

Stopping walking and taking to placing things on the tables before her, Náriel cast a look at Dís. "No and I'm not." She answered shortly to her friends precious words. "Just..." She trailed off thoughtfully and gave a shrug. She didn't know what else to say so she stayed silent. It was most likely for the best.

Dís drummed her fingers on the table and watched Náriel work. "Sorry."

Náriel looked up. "It's fine, Dís. Just, I for one would much rather talk about something else." Náriel said while shaking her head. Talking about such private matters didn't sit well with her. She was not one for invasive people. Regardless if they're siblings to her other half or not.

"So! I hear everyone who is able is coming this evening." Dís said while helping her lay the tables out. Náriel looked up at her, she already knew this. It was clear Dís was struggling to find a topic to talk about.

"Is it mean of me to admit I don't want the Master here?" Náriel whispered, Dís looked at her and smiled slowly. "He's just always sort of..."

"Creeped you out?" Dís finished for her. Náriel nodded slowly confirming her words. "I agree completely. All I can say is that when Erebor is fully returned to normality we shan't have much contact. Dale yes, Lake-town perhaps not so much."

"Ah, lass, you can't be so picky." Balin said while walking up the aisles of tables to stand next to Náriel. She smiled at her friend who returned it happily, Dís pouted at his words and crossed her arms. "Trade with everyone you can. It's how you build steady relations." Balin said with a nod.

Dís rolled her eyes, "I do not see business proposals appearing any time soon. I know my brother well enough to know he dislikes the Master too."

"Ah," Balin said and crossed his arms loosely. "But are you saying that he would not trade with Lake-town if it meant helping the people?" Balin questioned. Náriel couldn't help but smile, he'd caught Dís out there. She gave a decisive nod, Náriel was taking this as karma for the teasing. She sent a thankful smile at Balin who just gave a nod.

From the beginning he was there, when Náriel and Thorin were both confused about each other. He had helped where he could, he didn't quite like the teasing which both of them were being subjected to. It was somewhat childish to a certain degree, so he decided to yet again help both where he could. He'd deterred Glóin's remarks to Thorin about fatherhood, everyone was really insistent that a family was just around the corner, and he had now deterred Dís.

Dís gave a sigh and left, she couldn't answer back so she just walked away. Náriel smiled, "What trading did you use to do with Lake-town?" She asked curiously while moving along the table. "You traded in weapons with Dale, did you not? I distinctly remember crossing paths with your brother when he was returning back.