Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

The man hit the ground with Carter, but got up quickly and grabbed his gun and pointed at Carter's forehead. "NO!" shouted Guy. "Boy come here." He said pointing at Guy. Guy came forward a little bit. The man reloaded his rifle, his finger moved towards the trigger, but Guy had picked up a stone and just as the man lightly touched the trigger Guy threw the stone. Guy launched the stone and it it the man square in the temple, as he crumpled to the ground he dropped his gun. "Guy should we take the gun?" Said Carter as he got up off the ground "No" replied Guy, Carter grabbed the gun but threw it back on the ground in disgust. "Hey Carter what should we do with the bear cub?" Asked Guy "I wonder why that man wanted you?" Said Carter not listening to Guy. "Hello Carter are you listening?" Said Guy irritatedly "Yes I am listening and I am going to keep him as a pet. Replied Carter distractedly "How do you know it's a boy?" Asked Guy "I just do." Replied Carter. Carter picks up the bear and holds the cub, "let's go to my house, I know a little about being a vet because my parents are vets."says Carter "Okay, we could stay at the old house at the last paddock of your property". Said Guy. Guy and Carter go to the entrance to the National park and catch a bus back to Carter's house.

~~~

The bus stopped at the radiant blue bus shelter a few hundred metres from Carter's house. They walk down Carter's short tarsal driveway and walk up to Carter's three bedroom house. They walk in the old front door. "Hi mum!" Said Carter while they entered the brightly coloured lounge "What was the national park like?" Asked Carter's mum "Good" replied Carter winking at Guy. "You two get up to any trouble?" Asks Carter's mum. "Of course we didn't get into any trouble, why would we?" Carter winks at Guy again. Carter and Guy grabbed some supplies from the kitchen and Carter's bedroom. They walked back to the lounge and told Carter's mum that they were going down to the old house for a while. Carter and Guy walked out the glass side door and down the motorbike tracks to the end of the property near the creek, Carter grabbed the key from underneath the fake rock and unlocked the door. He put the backpack and sleeping bear cub inside down on the kitchen counter. He gently took the cub out of the bag and lay him down on the couch, "Guy what do you think we should do now?" Asked Carter "what do you mean?" asked Guy "You know, like what we do with him." Replied Carter "I think we should ta-" Suddenly the door smashed open and two men in black suits walked in and pulled out a gun and aimed at Carter. The man shot a small dart at Carter's thigh and did the same to Guy "What the?!" yelled Carter but he suddenly felt really woozy and closed his eyes, he didn't open them again until the next day.