Just You >> Bruce Banner X Reader

Start from the beginning

Now returned after the battle from Washington state, Mr. Tony Stark heard a small beeping in the mainframe in his lab. Dashing from where he worked out the kinks and dings in his suit, a wide smile came over his face.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.," he calls out, overjoyed. He'd jump for joy, but it's too early to say a thing. Just because the wristband had been accessed, didn't mean the two Avengers would be safe. "Tell everyone to come here. ASAP!"

The computer system responds in her Irish lilt, "There is nobody here, sir."

Tony stills, his fingers stopping where they were above the keyboard. He'd forgotten. After finishing the last-minute mission, the team had disbanded for the holidays. Scott Lang was staying with his ex-wife for his daughter's Christmas. Wanda Maximoff was celebrating Hanukkah with Vision with Clint's family. Natasha had taken a plane to New Zealand to celebrate the holidays in warmth. Steve and Bucky were in Brooklyn, having a quiet holiday in his brownstone. Peter Parker was at home with his Aunt and her boyfriend. Thor and Loki were in Norway, as far as he knew. And yes, he was alone in the Avengers facility. Pepper was braving the Christmas Eve shopping scene with Happy in central New York.

"Right," he mutters, and goes to work. Within five minutes, he's hacked into the wristband. He finds ________ and Bruce are nearby the Carlton Peak safe house. He writes a line of code, and works in a way to contact them, and then, wraps up the sequence. He sits there at his desk, elbows upon the desk, fingers balancing his forehead, and sighs. He looks to the roof, and mutters, "I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle, right now."

Perhaps it was that which happened later.

Within twenty minutes, the pair of Avengers had made it to the location. Incensed by the threat of losing limbs, they marched onto the property, where S.H.I.E.L.D. had a small safe house. But when ________ tried the door, she found it locked. Bruce found a retinal scanner, but it didn't respond to his eye, or hers. Standing by the locked door, with not a thing left to do, ________ lifted her wrist, the band touching the door.

The door unlocked.

The two stumbled inside, and found themselves in a nice cabin. There was a fire crackling in the brick fireplace, a small couch, what looked like a pantry, and a bed in the corner. Bruce rushed to the fire, warming his hands before the red-umber light. ________ went to take off her wristband, and scope the safe house. But as soon she took the band from her wrist, the holographic images were back, accompanied by a large sound. Bruce flinched, ready to fight whatever enemy had arisen.

But, there was no enemy. Only a good friend.

The facts were these: Tony Stark, the Iron Man, a former child genius who had grown older over time, had added a fail-safe code to the wristband. It allowed contact between himself and the two Avengers holed up in Minnesota, and once removed, allowed for a one-way holo-video feed.

"Oh, good, you're not dead," Tony Stark's floating head from the watch exhaled, relieved. "Didn't look forward to that."

Bruce scrambled from the fireplace to where ________ stood, holding the watch. "What – is this a recording?"

The face shook its head. "No, Bruce, it's me." His face winked, and turned to ________. "So, you're at the safe house? I already set a fire, glad you're making use of it...records say it hasn't been used for a year, but I bet any canned food is safe to eat. It used to house agents like Romanov and Barton, back before the fiasco." He told them.

"Wait, canned food?" Bruce repeated. "You're not going to rescue us?"

________ passed the wristband to Bruce. She went to explore the rest of the cabin, and zoned out their conversation. Busying herself counting the supplies in the place they were in, ________ made stock of what they had. Most of the canned food was in date, and in a blanket box, there were thermals, blankets, and spare clothes and shoes. There was a bathroom, and a small kitchenette, and, the bed in the corner was a single, and there was only one. As she touched the frame, she saw images in her mind. An agent with blonde hair taking the bed, her partner taking the couch.