Chapter 39

I will upload the first part of my new story tomorrow! Make sure to support it as well okay? :)

Taming the Misandrist - Eon Marco Limjuaco's story.

--------

Chapter 39
Vulnerable

I didn't say anything and I just continued to cry. I'm aware that of all people, Yuan deserves to know. But I just couldn't explain right now and I'm too numb to even feel a thing.

Tumingin ako sa window and tried to stop my loud sobs but I couldn't. It hurts. The scene I just saw kept on flashing inside my head and I can't do anything to stop it.

"I knew it the moment Marco talked to you back in NYC, Ria.." Yuan quietly said while driving. Silence means yes so he must've taken the clue.

I bit my lip and wiped my face with a tissue. I was still crying but this time, my sobs are contained.

Marco... that mysterious guy again. He was there in NYC, he was also there when Max was drunk... and now he told me wala ang Ahia niya sa taas even though nandon naman talaga.

What's his point? I don't get it. Did he want me to see what his brother was doing? For him, was that fun? But then, I couldn't blame him. He's just fifteen. Maybe ginawa niya yun dahil gusto niya lang mang-trip.

"I-I'm fine," I assured Yuan ng hawakan niya ang kamay ko.

"No, you're not.." he sighed. The car stopped on the red light and he held my chin to make me face him.

I looked away. He wiped the tears in my eyes with his hands even though it still kept on falling.

"I don't know what happened or what you saw," he sighed again. "But let's just get you home, alright? This dinner can wait."

I nodded and he patted my hair. I pulled away when the traffic light turned green. My chest hurts from crying too much but it's okay. I'll move on from all of this.

Even though ilang beses ko na pinaniwala ang sarili ko. 5 years, Ria. 5 years and yet he can still break your heart in a span of seconds.

Yuan pulled over in front of the apartment. Tumingin lang ako sa kawalan since I couldn't say anything. I'm done crying and this is the aftermath of it.

Hindi siya nag-salita at tumingin lang siya sakin. He caressed my hair softly, making my eyes teary all over again.

"I know you're not okay, but I just want you to know that I'm here for you.." he sighed while he's playing with my hair. "Always."

I sniffed. Tears fell from my eyes again before I could even stop it. I wanted to hold on to Yuan but I can't because I know he won't be able to take all this pain away. Ako lang ang may kayang gawin yun and despite all my efforts for the last 5 years, wala pa rin.

"I still love him so much," my voice broke while I said it. I cried so hard again and this time Yuan pulled me in to his arms.

Hindi nag-salita si Yuan while I continued to cry in his arms. His hands continued to massage my back softly.

"Shhhh, Ria..." he hushed. "Remember who you are and remember that you've been through a lot without him. I'm-- I'm here for you."

Yuan, you don't understand. I'm still so damn in love with him and I don't think I can move on from it anymore. I'm willing to go through that pain again para lang sakanya.

He's worth it. I destroyed him and created the version of him I saw kanina. It's all my fault.

"I-- I want to go up," I told Yuan as I parted away from his embrace. Pagod lang ako and I need to rest.