Chapter 9

Ria - ree yuh
Cassie - kaysee

-----------------------------

Chapter 9

getaway

Our uber dropped us off in front of Cass' condo. I hope she's in there though, para malaman namin what happened last night. Knowing Red, he won't go that far if wala naman siyang pake sa isang tao.. but then maybe it's because Cassie's my friend?

Cassie is my childhood best friend and we're together ever since 7th Grade. Kami ang pinaka-una naging mag-kaibigan because transferees si Jane and Vee nung 8th grade. Usually she stays in the house for our sleepovers and such. Pero hindi naman sila ganon ka-close ni Red, in fact I never saw them together because they always fight, nang-aasar kasi si Red and Cass hates it.

My brother is immature since then kaya I wonder what happened last night, the full details and why is my brother so affected with Cassie's issues? Not that it's wrong of course I'm glad he took my position last night. If andon ako I would probably do the same thing.

"Is she here? Cassie! It's us!" Vee knocked on the door after waiting here for 5 minutes kasi naka-ilang door bell na kami.

"I think she's not--"

Biglang bumukas ang pintuan and we saw Cassie, magang maga ang mata and her nose is red. Her whole face is sore from crying too. She looked at us with sad eyes and I rushed to hug her.

"What happened to you?" I asked as we sat on her sofa. It pains me to see her like this since she's the most cheerful among all of us.

Her condo is too girly, which resembles Cassie. She's an only child of a divorced couple and therefore she's spoiled with everything-- but only when it comes to material things. Her family doesn't shower her with love and affection pero bumabawi sila sa pag-bigay ng luho ni Cass. She's independent and she can also do things on her own that's why I admire her. But then again, she has her weak spot and that is us and Lloyd.

"I... just broke up with Lloyd," she said. Before she burst into tears again. Vee looked at me at lumapit na rin samin dalawa. I hugged Cass lalo.

"Shhh..." I said. I feel bad for Cassie since first boyfriend niya si Lloyd. Since 1st yr college na sila and that's long since 4th year na kami ngayon.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there.." sabi ko.

"I'm sorry I was there but I couldn't do anything..." sabi naman ni Vee. Cassie just nodded but she's still crying so nasa gitna namin siya ni Vee and we hugged her tighter, we are both guilty from not being there for Cassie last night kaya we hope being here for her right now will make up for it.

It's so sad to see her like this because hindi rin naman kami sanay. Usually she's the one who makes us all laugh.. and I'm not really vocal enough to give her a piece of advice about her current situation with Lloyd. Besides, wala rin naman akong alam about sa ganon.

There was a moment of silence between us ng biglang pumasok si Jane.

"I'm sorry I'm late!!!!" sabi niya at nag-tawanan kami. The four of us laughed and nag-group hug. We waited hanggang calm na si Cass for her to tell us the whole story of what happened last night.

"I was drunk.. but not completely drunk. I can take care of myself last night... nawala kasi kami ni Jane sa dance floor and I thought kasama ka pa namin..." she looked at me before she continued. "So I thought, okay ang lahat. And then after that I started dancing with Jane.. but then she was dancing with a guy so lumayo ako ng onti. It's okay though, I teased her pa nga..."