Where Are You?

A long time ago I was a nobody with a snooty owner. So I guess I will tell you the story, all the way from the beginning.

Every single day my mother would be on the phone, shopping, or having her friends over. They always smelt really rosy. I walked into a room connected to the room with the bed. She was looking at her reflection in a mirror. She sprayed colorful water that smelled good, just like the smell of her friends.

"Oh hey sweety!" My owner said making smooching noises. Just then her weird, thin block started to ring. "Hey girlfriend!" She said as she popped her gum. I could hear slight mumbling over the thin block. This is how the humans communicated. "Oh I'm with my dog, right now. What you mean by a vacation?!" My owner said jumping on her tippy toes.

I sat down, tilting my head in confusion. Vacation? "Of course I want to go to Hawaii, with you!" She said screaming as she grabbed a big square bag from her huge room with clothes. Is she okay? She is worrying me. That night I went to curl up on my bed, ready for sleep. I kept looking at my owner. She looked so excited. She was neatly packing things while she looked at words on paper. She kept going back in forth into rooms.

I put my head down in between my paws. It took me a while to fall asleep. She kept squealing in joy as she said, "Red with the blue... No! The red with the white. No,no,no the red and purple. Ugh no." Over and over. She also would say things like, "Pink heels or purple heels? Pink. Wait no the purple. No the pink, for sure. Wait... maybe the purple?" Finally, somehow I could fall asleep. The next day I woke up, and stretched. I jumped on my mothers bed to see her thin block ringing again. The ring was different though, and no one answered this one. She woke up to it. She folded her eye mask on her bedside table and elegantly hopped out of bed.

More happy than usual. I saw her walk outside with her bags on wheels. I went closer to the clear wall. She turned on the block as it gave a loud vibrating sound. She came back in. "Come on sweety!" She said with a big grin waving her hand towards me. I followed in interest. Was I getting a grooming? My nails trimmed? I love being pampered like that. I disliked the vets though. They are so useless. They poke needles in you for, literally no reason at all.

I hopped into the back trunk where her bags were. I could still stand and see her messing with a circled object that moved this block. As we left where all the houses were I could see other buildings. I could smell delicious food, other animals, laughs of kids. The way she was going as of now wasn't that similar to the ways we usually go.

I decided to take a small nap. Later I woke up. The sun was just a little farther down. Then the car stopped. We were behind a building, where I usually saw homeless dogs and humans hanging around. Big dumpsters, that they always ate out of. She opened her door then closed it. She opened the back of the car. "Come on." She said, not as happy as she was before, but still she had a smile. I was very confused. She struggled much to pick me up. She placed me in the dumpster. Huh? I gave a long whine. This is going to ruin my fur, its going to make me smell terrible!

"I'm so sorry, but I must go on vacation, I didn't have time to get a doggy sitter for you." She said petting my head. Petting my head for the last time. She got in her block and drove off. I jumped out of the dumpster and fell on the ground. My white legs now turned to a yellow. Where is she going? I didn't understand. I watched her drive away. I gave a few whines. I turned around. No one is here.

I felt tired. I went behind the dumpster and slept. When I woke back up it was night time. The loud music in the building right by me was blowing. I walked to the front of it. I headed inside. There was a bunch of people. In what I heard mother call fancy clothes. "Hey why is there a dog in here?!" I heard a man say. "Such a pretty dog, what is she doing in here?!" I heard a snooty woman say. I walked in with my head low. Why is it so loud? And so crazy?

 I accidentally bumped into a humans leg. The large man spilled his drink on me. "Oh sorry there dog, why are you even in here?" He said as if he was confused.  I licked the drink that fell on the ground. It had a souring taste. Ugh, I'm leaving this thing. I headed back outside behind the dumpster. I fell back asleep for the night.

When I woke up I was sticky from the drink that man spilled on me. Dirty from the dumpster. I smelled terrible. I miss my owner. Where did she even go? She isn't back. Is she ever coming back for me?