It started with tiny drops, then came the trickles and when I tried to get up a quick surge. It was the MONTHLY MONSTER!. My period, she had come with all her viciousness. Just as I was about to stand up, I felt a sharp pain. Here we go again!. I had always had cramps for as long as I can remember, sometimes they were serious, and other times they were mild. My mother used to place a warm cloth on my abdomen and give me hot soup to drink, when she died omo took over from her.

I managed to drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to clean myself up. When I came back, I checked the time, it was just 2:30am. I still had a few hours of some well deserved sleep to catch up on, avoiding thoughts of ifeanyi was exhausting. He didn't even bother checking up on me, that angered me, but I pushed the thought down and forced myself back to sleep.

The next morning, I couldn't get out of bed, it was like my ovaries were on fire. The pain was too intense, with every move came a surge. My night dress and beddings were soiled, it took the grace of God for me to get up and clean up. After bathing, I dumped the soiled clothes in the corner and made a mental note to wash them when I was feeling better.

I dropped on the bed like a log, picked up my phone and called Egor, I told her to mark my attendance for me, I also asked her to bring me some food after school as there was no way I could get up and cook in my condition. Then I slept off...

I awoke to a knock on the gate. Looking at the time, I saw it was just 12:00. I couldn't believe Egor was here already, thank God because I was so hungry and light headed. I struggled, crouching as I walked to the gate and opened it.

Instead of smallish, ebony Egor; there was tall, dark ifeanyi. My heart danced in my chest, he looked and smelled so good. He wore a dark suit that looked like it was tailored only for him. That smile and those chocolate lips, even in my pain I wanted to reach out and kiss him.

His smile quickly faded to a concerned frown. He tried to grab me but I moved away.

"Ofure what's wrong with you".

"nothing! what to you want?".

" haba! Ofure".

"Haba ofure what, ifeanyi please, please, abeg I don't have strength for your plenty talk talk. What do you want?". I was shocked at my behavior. Sure this was the plan, but I didn't think I was able to pull it off. I guess it was the mood swings. I sat down on the soak away close to the gate, just because I couldn't bear to stand anymore.

" I'm sorry if I upset you ofure, I thought we parted on good terms".

"Me too, until you didn't reach out to me for two days". No! no!! no!!! ofure this wasn't part of the plan, where was my inner 9ja girl when I needed her.

"ofure, it's not like that at all. I travelled on Saturday morning, an impromptu trip to lagos. I only arrived Benin now, chike came to pick me at the airport, I dropped him at home, took the car and came straight here, to you. Ofure, i have missed you so much".

" I'm not yours to miss".

"Yes I know that, but I can't help it".

" you know what, I don't even care sef".

"Then why did you ask".

" because.... Because.. ".

Because what ofure". And I started to cry, the thing sef tire me. How many moods must I go through?.

" because I thought you left me, after saying that you liked me. You just left.....".

"But ofure I've just told you that It wasn't...... Wait! I think i know what is wrong with you now". He came and sat down on the soak away with me.