PaRappa jumped back. He wasn’t done yet, stunned, but still determined. He inched over to try and get close again. When getting in range with the cat’s paws he squinted his eyes shut. He anticipated another bat at his face (The cat hadn’t let its claws out yet).Instead the cat growled a low yowl. PaRappa scuttled back again. He had become frustrated. He just wanted to get a better smell, but it didn’t seem like it was working out in his favor.

    PaRappa whined, jumped and then barked. Andy and the clerk looked over to what he was doing. Andy trying to be responsible, intercepted PaRappa from his personal space invasion.

“No! Uh, Leave the cat alone,” Andy didn’t want to upset the clerk with his disobedient canine.

“Oh, come Cheese Onion! Sssp! sssp! ssp!” The clerk did not want to upset Andy by having her cat be a distraction to his dog. Cheese Onion popped out from her makeshift bed and leaped up to the clerk’s counter, “Sorry about that,” She said. Since the people were talking again, PaRappa could go off and do something else. Something familiar caught itself in his range of sent. Trotting over to the window display PaRappa looked out into the drizzling HaHa Land streets to see a Matt Major with his smell of paper. He was being followed by Error who seemed upset by the rain.

PaRappa gazed over the semi familiar sight. It felt like deja vu.

“So you’re a what?” The clerk asked.

“A smoke golem, well I was a alligator dragon,” Andy said.

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did you change?” The clerk leaned on her counter.

“I never really did, I uh, i’m a being of the past. My father coughed me up to help him with his business… after my other 2 siblings. I am my father, but at 21 years of age! I’m not even my own person anymore,” Andy said.

“Sounds complicated,” The clerk wanted to let him know that he was listening, but couldn’t think of anything right to say.

“It was a lot to handle when I was first created. I was plucked from my life and placed into this crazy new reality that everything i’ve ever done, or will do belongs to somebody else. My life’s a-a-a- lie! And it’s a sad one too. My true self has become this sick twisted being. I sometimes wonder If it was better that I am what I am because what I would’ve been became so horrible,”

“Oh dude… You don’t have to be like him. You’re your own man now. Unlike your father, you have a chance at change,”

“No I don’t. My father controls me, and I’m his slave. He has say if I live or die. I don’t matter to him at all, in fact, out of all my brothers, he cares about me the least,” Andy sighed.

“Maybe you can get him to let you go,”

“Ptt radical action against him is a sure way to get him to erase me and get a new golem,”

The clerk sighed. It didn’t seem that anything she could say would make his situation any better.

Sad ain’t it?

Uh huh. Freedom is for those who have none.

Somebody was writing into the foggy window that PaRappa was looking out of. Nobody’s finger seemed to appear. Just the abstract shapes that made up the words.

PaRappa sat don at the window to continue to look out into the street. Matt had since walked on past his view. There was something blocking his better understanding of that dog man. PaRappa ignored the thought just to prepare for a better nap. Why contemplate deja vu when you can nap.