“Nothing’s wrong,”

“That’s not what your face is saying.”

Dante took one look at Gaby’s frowning face and caved in, he told Gaby about everything that happened between him and Victoria. He could tell by the look on her face that she was not happy.

“I really do care for Victoria, if I had known-“

“-don’t beat yourself up over it Dante, your heart was in the right place. If anyone is to blame it’s me, I shouldn’t have pushed you like I did, but I just knew that you two would be perfect for each other.” Gaby said as she ran her fingers through her hair. “I’m going out for a minute keep an eye on the cake for me.” she said as she walked out of the kitchen.

*****

Gaby pushed the door open to Elijah’s office causing it to hit the wall which made Elijah stand up at attention.

“Ma what are you-“

“You little snot nosed brat!” she yelled as she went after Elijah and began to hit him with her purse.

“Ow, ma what did I do?” he asked as he tried to dodge the hits. He pulled his chair in-between them to use as a mini blockade. Nick walked into the office and shook his head.

“What’s going on Gabs?” he asked as he pried the bag from her hand and sat her down into the seat across from Elijah’s desk.

“Elijah what did you do?”

“I don’t know, she just came in here and started hitting me.” he said innocently and Gaby snatched the pen from Nick lapel and tossed it at Elijah hitting him in the forehead.

“You keep your mouth shut before I go borrow a broom from the custodian.” Gaby warned him and Elijah pressed his lips into a thin line.

“You’re miserable son tried to ruin your daughters relationship by telling Victoria about my plan with Dante and then I find out he was betting on whether they would stay together.”

“What!” Nick reached over and slapped Elijah across the head.

“I didn’t mean it I was just angry.”

“And that gives you the right to hurt your sister like that?” Nick asked.

“She deserved it after what she did to you ma,”

“That was seven years ago get over it I already did. Your sister is having a hard time as it is, she doesn’t need the added drama.”

Elijah let out a sigh as he rubbed his forehead.

“You’re right, I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking.”

“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to Victoria.” She said taking Nick’s hand as she stood up.

“Honestly I have no idea where we went wrong with these kids.” Gaby said to Nick as they walked out of the office.

****

Victoria rolled her eyes as she jogged up to her house when she noticed who was standing at her door. She had been running for over an hour and had finally mellowed out, the last thing she needed or wanted was to be aggravated.

“You are the last person I want to see right now.” She said as she watched Gaby walked down the stairs to meet her. Gaby stared at Victoria her mouth slightly gapped open making Victoria feel self-conscious.

“What?”

“You cut your hair…why?” Gaby said referring to Victoria’s freshly done Monica inspired pixie cut.