Mayday Chapter-1

There I was in the middle of the ocean on a rickety old boat floating nowhere, no food, no water, no hope of survival

The storm that had wiped her of course had stripped her of her white paint and once beautiful sails off her, and looked no more than just an ordinary boat rotting away.

I trudged up the steps barely able to open the cabin door. I walked into the blinding sunlight on her bow and collapsed onto the rotting wood. I stared up at the blue sky squinting my eyes so the sun would not blind me. I was too tired to even care about food or water, and just lay there, half dead staring into the oblivion.

The night before a storm had sweeped across the pacific and into the yacht's course, battling with the wind and the rain to bring her to the bottom of the sea bed. In her darkest hour at sea, her strongest hour just began.

"Uhhhhh" I groaned as I woke up. The birds were chirping away almost as if they were singing the same tune. The sun came streaming through my bedroom window as if it was inviting me get up, and go outside. Instead I stayed in bed, for the warmth and cosines was just a bit more inviting than the sun.

I looked at my alarm clock, and saw that I slept through the alarm... again. I pulled back the warm covers, and slithered out of bed like a snake into my bedroom filled with posters of boats on the walls. My bed room which was warm when I went to bed, had turned into a freezer overnight, but then realised that my older brother's jokes were a bit colder.

I trudged out of the bedroom like zombie into the kitchen and poured a bowl of cereal into a white bowl. I sat down on a wooden stool and pulled up my laptop onto the bench, and opened my emails. And there were two. I click on the first one it read:

________________________________________________________

Mr smith

You have been chosen out of thousands of people to win 1 million dollars!!

Click here to confirm your prize of 1 million dollars...

Reply:

________________________________________________________

And as any mature and sensible adult would do... I of course clicked on it, but wasn't surprised when it asked for my details and credit card number."Typical" I mumbled to myself, and clicked on the second email.

And as soon as I saw what it read a huge grin came across my face, when I saw that my new boat was ready for me to check out at the wharfs in town. But I will just check my Facebook quickly, which doesn't take much longer than cleaning my kitchen. It was a long time till set off to the wharfs.