Jack Maynard- "You are my happily ever after"

Guess who's back! Sorry it's been so long x

---

Your best friends wedding day is a very important day of your life. Most people are just as excited as the bride and groom on their best friends wedding day but their are those few poor unfortunate ones who happened to fall in love with their best friends, who dreaded the wedding day.

You were one of those people. You had fallen in love with your best friend Jack Maynard, then watched him fall in love with some perfect blonde model who hated you with a passion, Becky. You tried so hard to be happy for him. But it was just impossible. So you simply cut him out your live, did what you did best and ran away from your problems. You were hoping that she would just disappear and you'd get your best friend back.

It had been over 6 months since you'd spoken to him when a letter arrived at your door in a fancy metallic envelope with your address written on the front you knew the second you saw it, it was Jacks handwriting. You quickly tore open the letter.

"You are invited to Jack and Becky's wedding!"

You dropped the card on to the floor and tried your best to hold back tears but failed miserably. 

~

But now you were here, searching for the dressing room Jack was in at his wedding. This was the moment you've been dreading since you got the letter.

"Jack?" You called at you knocked on the door lightly.

"Come in!" He replied.

You gentle shoved open the door and walked. 

Jack looked was wearing a suit, his hair was done perfectly and he looked extremely nervous. 

"Jack!" You exclaimed as you walked in, attempting to hide your sadness. 

"Y/n!" He replied and rushed over to you to hug you tightly. As he hugged you, you could smell the strong scent of fancy cologne, a different one to what he normally wears.

"I've missed you so much!" He said as you pulled out the hug. 

"Same" You mumbled, suddenly hit by an over whelming sadness as you realised how much you missed Jack and how terrifying it was that he was about to get married. 

"It feels like it's been forever" He mentioned.

"It does" You replied sadly " I can't believe you're getting married!"

"Neither can I" He muttered and looked down, you could tell something was wrong.

"You okay?" You asked.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be!" He replied with a fake smile.

"Jack I know you, I know you're lying. Whats wrong?" You asked.

"I'm I just need to clear my head, it's a lot to take in you know" He said.

"How about we go for a quick walk and catch up, you have awhile before the wedding" You suggested.

"Yeah great idea!" He agreed.

~

You and Jack walked for what felt like ages, joking  about old times.

"I miss it so much" He sighed.

"Miss what?" You asked.

"Everything, us being best friends, hanging out a lot, just everything" He explained with a sad smile.

"I miss it too" You whispered.

He turned to look at you and took your hands in his. You felt electric shoot up your arm from his touch. 'No y/n he's about to be a married man you need to get over him' you told yourself.

"Promise me something y/n. Promise me we will be friends forever. Promise me you won't leave me." He said.

"I promise" You replied.

He grinned.

" I love you y/n" He mumbled.

You felt your heart rate quicken.

"I love you too" You whispered back and looked down sadly.

You started into each others eyes for a second. You felt like time had just stopped.

"Right, we should probably head back" He announced, breaking the silence and dropping your hands.

~

You were sat down as Becky was walking down the aisle. You caught Jack eye and threw him a reassuring smile.

As Becky reached the end of the aisle and they stood face to face, Jack suddenly began to speak.

"I'm sorry I can't do this." He announced before rushing out the building.

Everyone gasped and turned to watch him leave. Becky began to cry and her friends went to comfort her.

You got up and up and rushed to find him.

You found him sat on a low wall outside, his head down starring at the floor. You went to sit with him.

"Jack what the hell was that?' You almost snapped.

"I just can't do it y/n, I can't marry her." He sobbed.

"What do you mean? That women in there is your happily ever after. I remember you telling me how in love you were when we were younger. What are you doing?' You asked.

"No, y/n I'm not in love with her. I don't think I ever was. Y/n I'm in love with you. You are my happily ever after." He mumbled.

"What-t?" You stammered.

"Y/n y/l/n I am in love with you" He repeated, finally looking at you.

You were completely speechless.

"Jack what? are you sure? I don't-" He cut you off by smashing his lips into yours.

"I'm sure" He chuckled, breaking the kiss.

You didn't know how to react.

His face suddenly dropped.

"You don't love me back do you?' He asked and pulled away quickly.

"Yes!' You almost yelled.

He smirked.

"Jack Maynard, I am very in love with you" You laughed.

"Well I'm glad" He laughed before kissing you passionately again.