Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We sat in silence all the way home. Well to Mrs Carter it seemed like it was silent. But me and Jacob were having a full on conversation.

'Jacob what do you think she meant by making sure we were the right twins? And that we will fit in with the family? Don't we need to meet them to know if we fit in? If we don't fit in is she gonna get rid of us?' I was bombarding his mind with a massive amount of questions.

'hey, hey calm down I'm sure it will be find, I think I just caught her off guard with that question. And I don’t think she will get rid of us. I can tell she and Mr Carter like us. Besides they got us into that fancy new school. If they were going to get rid of us do you think they would have bothered taking their time placing us in that school?' Jacob was trying to reassure myself that it will be alright.

'Jacob I never told you this, but the day the Carters found us at the group home, I over heard two nuns talking' I paused for a moment, he look at me with a puzzled expression. 'Jacob, I heard the nuns say there was a couple looking for twins, and they said they wanted boy/ girl twins that were about 12 years old, now why would someone ask for something so specific? Its strange, most families want babies not teenagers' I waited for him to reply.

' I don’t know Pen but they did, cant you just accept this and a wonderful thing, we were in so many bad homes before, I don’t want to question it to much, because I don’t want to loose the only home I feel at home in' I could tell Jacob did not want to talk about it. But I’m sure he was just as curious as I was. I did not talk the rest of the way home. I just tried not think about what Mrs Carter was saying. It all made me feel uneasy. Why wait till we were sixteen, whats the big deal about that age. We have lived here almost three years and only know the Carters and the Maids and David the Driver.

*Mrs. Carter POV*

The ride home was quiet. I could tell the twins were using their mind link. It is so hard for me not to tell them but Richard told me not to. I have been waiting to be able to tell them for almost 3 years. My husband Richard and I had been looking for the twins since we received word of their birth. I was so happy we found them, it just took twelve years to do so. But we had to make sure they were the right children. But the stronger their bond grew and with the knowledge that they shared a mind link almost proved they were who we hope they will be. Richard said we need to make sure, that is why we are waiting till they turn sixteen. I am so excited I cant wait to tell them who we really are, who they really are.

When I had noticed Evangeline in Victoria Secrets I had hoped her mother never told her our story, that way nothing will slip out, thank goodness it appeared as though she has no idea. I have only ever told my parents, Evangeline's mother and well of course Richard knew. It was his idea after all. I almost spilled the beans when Jacob confronted me at the mall. Evangeline was just a tiny little baby when I told her mother what Richard and mines plans were. She was so excited for us. Then everything went to hell in a hand basket and we lot the twins, so we thought. Tonight over dinner Richard and myself are going over the birthday plans with the twins.**

We were almost home, I could see the large iron gates that protected our driveway, they are large and heavy with an ornate patterns that laid across the vertical bars. They open for us as we neared them. I could see Mr. Carter waiting for us on the steps, that’s odd. He has never meet us outside after a shopping trip. In fact he has never greeted us. I wonder what is going on I can tell, there is something in the air. Something is coming.

'Jacob do you feel that'

'Feel what sis'

'I feel like somethings coming or about to happen, it just feels different' I tried to explain it to him the best I could.

'well to be honest I have, but I was trying not to play much into it, but since you can feel it as well, I too am wondering what is happening?' Jacob had worry written all over his face.

'lets just stay calm and wait it out, but be on guard just in case, ok sis. I don’t want anything to happen to you' He let out a half fake smile. I replied with the same smile.

“good evening, children who was you day out with Joann, were you able to get everything you needed for school” Mr. Carter greeted us with loads of enthusiasm.

“Oh, Richard we had a wonderful time. I spoiled the twins, they have more then enough to start the year off right, we also had seen an old friend, she works at Victoria Secret” Mrs. Carter was also excited.

“Evangeline, you remember her right dear?” she questioned Mr. Carter. “Her mother is Fostina”

“oh, right I do remember her, how is Evangeline, she must be the same age as the twins right?” Mr. Carter was being chatty, very not normal. I was getting more curious now. What the heck is going on? I mean the Carters are nice and friendly but this seams over the top.

“Yes dear, she is wonderful, she goes by Angel now, must be a teenager thing. She is also going to be in the eleventh grade with the twins. I can see her and Penny becoming wonderful twins” Mrs carter was glowing with excitement, I was just watching the show. This will be interesting. While this conversation was taking place we were walking into the house. We entered the large open area and the stairs were in front of us, I could see David taking our mass of bags to mine and Jacobs rooms. To the left of the stares was the large living room. It has large red couches, the walls were a buttery yellow and the floors were a dark wood. The decorations were all very colorful and helped the oversized red couches blend in. It was all very modern with a touch of retro. The kitchen was to our right, it was very modern as well.

“well it sounds as if everyone had a wonderful time and you made it back for dinner, it just arrived about 10 minuets ago.” Mr Carter said.

“what are we having?” Jacob questioned. He must have been reading my mind, I was also wondering what we were having.

“Well I pre-ordered Chinese, how does that sound?” Mrs Carter informed Jacob. I had a huge smile plastered on my face as Jacob said “O-M-G, that sounds so good, we love Chinese!” Jacob was bouncing like a toddler now.

Mr. Carter walked us into the kitchen towards the table they sit at for breakfast, and there were two chairs added to the table. Did he want us to sit with them. I guess he does cause he guided me to a chair and told me to sit then Mrs. Carter and him a Jacob took the last seats. I was still smiling and the sent of soy and peppers hit my nose and was making my mouth water it was so amazing smelling. I have not had Chinese for a long time, this was a real treat.

Mr. and Mrs. carter started to pass around the white cartons of food, when we were done serving ourselves we started eating. Then Mr. Carter spoke “so we have something important to tell the both of you!” I shared a look of concern with my brother. I knew something was going to happen.