Chapter Five: The Arms

Start bij het begin

How many people had met their end in this office?

Keomi trudged her way wondering how she was going to find Chuuya to give him back his coat. She didn't need anyone thinking she was compromised because of the coat. She didn't care for Chuuya. That was just idiotic, she was here for one reason and one reason only.

"You know, I didn't expect you to wear the jacket forever." She heard a voice behind her, she sighed inaudibly and then turned. Chuuya was leaned on the wall just outside of the Boss's office. Had he been waiting for her?

"Well I didn't expect you to be an insufferable ass, but oops here we are." She snarked, though if she wasn't on the brink of passing out she may just have remembered that she was talking to an executive. A superior. Her eyes were watering and she just didn't think she had any energy left.

"You know not many people can get away with talking to me like that and live to tell the tale." Chuuya kicked off from the wall walking towards the girl.

She looked horrible, though he imagined the Boss liked her this way. Chuuya let his own sigh slip out, this was what he had been afraid off. She reminded him so much of himself. The Boss had taken a special liking to her, for whatever reason, and if she couldn't handle the pressure she would be crushed.

"Here, just take the coat I need to go-" Keomi's eye sight shook and she lost her balance, her head dropping towards the floor. Chuuya quickly enveloped her in his arms his hand going to her head.

"You don't have a fever that's not good, Sparks." Keomi's head lifted just a tiny bit at the nickname, her eyebrows knitting together as she looked at him.

"I suspect you just overused your ability Sparks, even if it's been a few months you're not trained fully. Akutagawa shouldn't have left you in this condition." Chuuya muttered the last bit to himself shaking his head. He would have to have a small discussion with the hound.

"Chu-" Keomi's shoulders sagged, she couldn't fight the exhaustion anymore. Her head fell onto Chuuya's shoulders, her hair covering most of her face.

"I mean really, look at her. She worked herself to falling asleep on someone she doesn't even like." Chuuya spoke, knowing no one was around to hear it. He placed one arm under her knees and scooped her up into his arms. She was only a little bit taller than him, still his ability could help should he need it.

Chuuya took a glance down at her face as he walked towards her room, "I wonder how long it'll take before you realize you don't belong on this side, Sparks."

"Sparks. Fitting." Chuuya spoke the nickname out loud trying it against his tongue, he had said it before without thinking about it. No matter how long she happened to stay here, he would help her...

Because as much as he hated to admit it... he had wished there had been someone looking out for him.

Keomi woke up the next morning on her own bed wondering how she had gotten there. She still felt so drained, her eyes were fuzzy and her mouth was dry. She lifted up her head squinting her eyes to look at the red glowing numbers on her clock... 10:05 am. She blinked the numbers not really processing in her head yet.

"Ten in the mor— Akutagawa is going to kill me!" Keomi jumped from the bed almost tripping over her sheets panic striking through her body.

"How could I have missed training," She rambled honestly wondering how Aku hadn't already knocked down her door and dragged her to practice, "How did I even get to bed-"

She stopped seeing that Chuuya's jacket was draped casually over her coat rack along with the coat the Boss had given her. The events from the day before flooded her brain as she touched the soft material... She let out a small laugh.