6

╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬

I'm not on Earth anymore.

I can tell; the colors are too vibrant for it to be Earth. Our planet's dying, but nobody cares enough to notice. The greens are too bright, the blues too overpowering for Earth to ever achieve again.

It's beautiful, yet it seems to have some sort of artificial flourish that I can't quite place my finger on.

I run my hand over a large leaf, hairs sticking on end from the prickles on the outer coating of it. After a moment, the leaf turns grey, and disintegrates into a void nothingness.

I reach out to touch more of them, wanting, wishing that I could enjoy its feel one more time.

But they all die.

"Stop," a female voice instructs. I look behind me to see a large, tall woman with dark skin narrow her eyes at me. She folds her arms over her chest and glares, amber eyes sparkling.

She sighs and says, "We're already low on our supply of matter, and you're ruining it- stop standing!" Slapping my cheek, she hands me a pair of shoes that are blacker than anything mankind has ever seen before. When I step on them, I immediately stop feeling the ground beneath me.

"Where- what is this? This doesn't check in with any of my research!" I ask, heat rising in my face.

"Of course it doesn't. You forgot to factor in that there may be another variable in play." With that blunt answer, she quickly changes the topic.

"I'm going to go send you back to the dimension in where you came from. You can't stay here for lon-"

"What even is here?" I interrupt, not caring about being polite.

"The ¼ dimension. Only ¼ of reality remains here, which is why we savor every bit of matter that we get, and why you should stop touching those leaves!"

I take my hand off of the one I had been feeling and turn to face her.

"You realized that there were two dimensions: yours and reality. But there are more factors than you originally thought. There are multiple dimensions: this one, the void dimension, the ½ dimension, your dimension, more commonly known as the ¾ dimension, and reality. The more of reality you lose, the more of yourself you lose."
"Like what?"

"Your senses. You've seem to lost yours of smell, and you're starting to lose some of your sense of taste, and if you stay here any longer, you'll lose your sight as well. Not everybody loses the same senses, your friend had lost her sense of touch whereas you lost your sense of smell."

"Wait, where was I? Before here- everything just seemed to... to blend together into pain."

"You were in the ½ dimension. You'd think it would be beautiful, a perfect mix of reality and fantasy, but it's not. Stay out of there in all costs- but the void dimension is even worse."

"What is-"

Before I can finish my sentence, I'm sent away, back into the ¾ dimension where I came from.

╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬