Twenty Three - "Welcome to Derry!"

Start from the beginning

"Well, I want to marry you too."

"Did... Did we just get engaged?" The Greystone, soon to be Kaspbrak, woman smiled

"Yeah, I think we did." Eddie smiled brighter than ever as his fiancées head fell to rest on his chest and they stayed that way all night.

When 2012 came around and the couple were both 35 years old, Lyds received the all too terrible news that there was a slim chance she'd ever have children. It turned out that in her fight with Pennywise she'd sustained internal damage, something which she had never known until that day.

And despite the chances they'd been given they still tried for a child. The lovers had never even thought they wanted one until they were told they couldn't, then they wanted a child more than ever.

But soon enough they stopped trying, it seemed as if all of the luck they had had run out. Lyds was heartbroken, and all Eddie could do was watch the shadow of what was left of his fiancée cry every day for weeks. She didn't eat or sleep all she ever did was cry.

"L, you've gotta eat something..." Eddie begged, "Please."

"Why don't you just leave me Eddie?"

"What?" His eyes widened, "Why would you say that, huh?"

"You know why Eds! I can't give you a kid like you want, we're thirty five years old, if you don't leave me and find someone else you'll never get to have that-"

"Quit being stupid!"

"I'm not being stupid! I know it's what you really want, we both want it. But the fact is I can't give you that, so I'm telling you that you should leave and find somebody else, someone who can give you what you deserve-"

"But I love you!"

"But you shouldn't! What about that woman who works for your company? Janey? What about her?"

"I don't want her you fucking idiot!" Eddie's forehead pressed against hers and his hands held her cheeks as they both cried, "I want you... I love you."

A few more years passed by and it was only when the pair had stopped trying for a child at the age of 39, only a year prior to the clown's return, that luck finally struck.

"Eds!"

"Babe, I gotta get this paperwork done, can you give me five more minutes?" He sighed

"But Eddie-"

"Lyds I have to get this done."

"Eddie!" The Brown haired man only looked up at his fiancée when she threw something towards him.

He quickly caught the object in his right hand, however when he opened his palm and realised what the white stick actually was, he threw it back at his soon to be wife who quickly caught it.

"Ew! You peed on that!"

"It's a pregnancy test, you sorta have to!" She threw it back to him

"I don't want it! You peed on it!" He threw it back to her in the most disgusted seeming game of catch ever, "You didn't have to throw it at me, just put it in the trash!"

"Think about this for a second Eddie, why would I be showing you a test if we stopped trying three years ago?"

"Wait... Give me that thing."

Cautiously, Lyds walked towards Eddie's desk and placed the test down in front of him. His eyes widened to the size of saucers upon seeing the two blue lines.

"You're kidding me." He picked it up at the clean end, "This is a joke right?"

"It's not a joke Eddie."