Chapter 1- Melissa White

The Billionaire's Ex-Wife

©2014

Chapter One

I wake up and feel the spot where Aidan normally laid in bed with me and find it cold as usual.

No don't think about that man

Melissa remember, you are no longer married to that man.

He broke your heart in so many ways.

You are no longer Mrs. Knight.

You are Melissa Allison White.

Oh god it just feels worse every time I think about it.

And the worse part about it is that he wasn't there to hold my hand when I went in for first ultrasound or there for the third one when I was told I missed carried the baby.

No, He and I were not meant to be married to each other

I get up and out of bed and get ready for my barely above minimum wage job at a daycare.

Don't get me wrong, I love working with kids.

Since I was a little girl I always said that I wanted to be a mommy or own a daycare.

Trust me if I had the resources to start my own daycare, I would in a blink of an eye.

During my four year marriage to Aidan, my days were filled with lots of activities that any high profile rich man's wife would do.

Shopping, charity events, spas.

Stuff like that.

But Aidan made it worthwhile.

He was loving, caring, and was one of the best people I knew.

Since we divorced almost a year ago, I have cut ties with almost everyone from that life.

I pretty much disappeared from anything to do with the last name Knight.

The tabloids had their own idea of why we split up after being called "the perfect couple".

None of them were right.

They haven't been able to find me to see where I am in my life.

There have been rumors that I have died or I'm remarried with a few kids.

Come on like seriously.

We have been divorced for not even a year and they think I'd just bounce right back up again and get married and start a whole new life with a new Family.

There have been false pictures of me in magazines.

Pictures if girls with the same light caramel brown long hair as me with dark sunglasses on.

And I've supposedly done exclusive interviews with magazines.

All are false.

I moved into a nice apartment tiny apartment on the opposite side of the city from where Aidan and I lived.

My sister, Olivia, and her Husband, Grant, and their four year old daughter, Harper, live five minutes away from me.

My sister and her husband work in the military, so while they are away on duty, Harper lives with me at my two bedroom apartment.

I head into the kitchen and get a cup of coffee and go get changed to head to my sister's house to spend her last days before she leaves for her third tour of duty.

Which also means I need to get my place ready for a four year old who has an endless amount of energy.

I'm taking her to get a mani-pedis because she won't be getting any while she's away.