Chapter 8

okay firstly sorry for the very late update of this chapter!! I was very busy with school and performances so I didn't have time to update and my exams starts next week so... I will continue to update once my exams end but meanwhile... enjoy this chapter :))

------------

After days of practise, they finished recording the sound track for all the songs and after the long day of recording, they returned back to their dorm for a short rest.

5am in the morning. An hour before they had to go off to the shop to get their hair done for the schedule of the day. As usual, Daniel and Ji Hoon were playing VR games and the other members were just doing their own things. They rarely slept, well, they were tired but they kind of got used to it. Since they only had 2-3 hours or less of sleep a day.

Sung Woon was in Minhyun's room, and they were reading a book together with Jae Hwan singing in the background. Jin Young laid on his bed to get some sleep, though he couldnt sleep. He laid on the mattress with his eyes closed. Many thoughts went through his mind. He smiled at the thought of Dae Hwi. And that was when the door opened. Dae Hwi entered the room.

He moved to his bed quietly so he does not wake Jin Young up, but little did he know Jin Young wasn't asleep. He sat on his bed and scrolled through his phone. All of a sudden, a big thunder could be heard and he got startled. It was a big downpour. Dae Hwi took out his headphones to listen to some songs to suit the rainy weather. He turned on Heize's 'You, Cloud, Rain.' As he listened, he folded his knees in and embraced himself. Without knowing, tears started falling down his cheeks.

He sniffed as his nose became runny. Jin Young opened his eyes slightly to see Dae Hwi sitting on the bed opposite him, tearing. He slowly got up and went over to Dae Hwi's bed. He hugged Dae Hwi tightly and whispered,

"It's okay, i'm here. Just cry it all out."

And that made Dae Hwi cried even more.

Dae Hwi misses his dad. His dad who is resting in heaven. Everytime it rains, Dae Hwi thinks of that small precious memory that Dae Hwi and his father shared.

He would never forget that one scene when he was 3 years old. Just like today, it rained really hard. Being a little kid, Dae Hwi jumped into puddles on the ground and it was very fascinating for him. He remembered how his father's jump into puddles made such big splashes. He remembered laughing really loudly though the rain was heavy. He remembered the smile on his father's face.

He never really told anyone how his dad left and how it changed his life. 

"Jin Young ah... I... didn't... tell you much about... my father right...?" Dae Hwi stuttered as he spoke while crying.

"If you need someone to tell it to, i am here." Jin Young replied while making eye contact with Dae Hwi.

"When I was 4 years old, my dad passed away..." Dae Hwi started off.

13 years ago, when little Dae Hwi was in childcare centre, he was startled by the loud thunder followed by a lightning. He remembered he was playing with his friends at the childcare centre and some even screamed and cried at the sound of the thunder. Out of a sudden, Dae Hwi's mother was there at the front gate, talking to the person in charge of the childcare centre. She quickly picked Dae Hwi up to the car and he could see his mother's worried face. Being so small, he didn't know anything. But he could tell something happened. That was because his mother always puts on a strong front and was a very cheerful lady, but that day, she was gloomy and quickly drove on, which was very unlike her. 

"Where are we going, Mom?" Little Dae Hwi asked with his small voice from the baby seat at the back of the car

"Hospital."