Chapter 8

When I opened my eyes the first thing I noticed was the feeling of being... complete. I guess that happens when you're fully mated. My head was resting on Grant's chest while he drew patterns on my lower back. "How long have you been up?"

He kissed my temple, "A few minutes. How are you feeling?"

"Great," I smiled and kissed him.

He pulled away after moment. "I love you Katrina."

"I love you too."

Who knew when we were growing up that Grant and I would be mates. I mean we just, we didn't hate or like each other. Just knew each other and that's all. "What are you thinking about?" Grant asked.

"Just that who would have guess we'd be mates." I answered him.

"I don't think any one thought I could be the lucky bastard to get you." I blushed at his words and buried my face in her chest. He tiled my face back up. "I'm serious Katie. You have no idea how amazing you were even then. The first thing Greg said to me after you bolted the night of you party was about how many guys wanted you. To be honest my parents always thought that you'd end up being mates with an future Alpha of a more powerful pack. When you left all I thought for three years was how many guys would take my place. It killed me that I was so stupid that I rejected you."

"Is the big bad Alpha going soft?" I teased him.

He growled playfully and flipped us over so I was pinned to the bed. "You shouldn't tease people Katrina."

"Or what?" I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest. He sucked on my mark and my nails dug into his back moaning. I think I'm about to find out the 'or what'.

§•§•§•§•§

Grant didn't let me leave our room for two days. Not that I'm complaining. He only let me out today because we have to meet his parents for lunch. I pulled on jeans and a nice shirt. But I still had my belt with my machetes and my quiver of bows slung over one shoulder. "Ready?" Grant asked me.

I grabbed my bow and walked over to him. "As I'll ever be. The last time I saw them was when I went wolf on those Rouges a year ago."

He gave me a quick kiss. "They love you more than they love me, baby. It'll be quick anyways. I plan on keeping you in here for the rest of your heat."

My cheeks felt like that were on fire and I slapped his chest lightly. "Bad Grant. We do have work to do." He pouted and my lips betrayed me by smiling. "We have to go before we get distracted." He sighed as I left the bedroom.

"Wow!" Trina said as I came down stairs. "Tyler there's a stranger in your pack house."

"Ha ha," I responded dryly. "It's been two days."

She sniffed, "Oh Tyler, your sister has been doing the naughty with your Alpha. That means they've been having s-"

"I don't want to know!" My brother shouted looking disgusted. Poor guy. He really doesn't want to hear about his older sister's sex life. Can't blame him.

"Trina," I warned, "remember this'll come back to you one day."

She smirked, "You want to tease me about having sex with your brother."

Now I'm sick. "Grant, we are so leaving."

"Right," he said behind me.

§•§•§•§•§

The closer we got to his parent's place the more nervous I got. When we pulled up and got out of the car Grant pulled me too him. "It'll be fine, Katrina. No matter what you're mine. Nothing could ever change that."