bonus chapter

c a l l i e

me and my 18 month old daughter walked into her daddy's building. did you know joey owns one of the most successful company's in the us?

"good morning mrs birlem, good morning miss cordelia" the lovely assistant at the front desk greeted us i smiled sweetly at her and also said good morning whilst cordelia gave her a gummy grin with only one tooth seeping through.

"is joey busy at the moment?" i asked her. she looked down at her computer to ,i guess, check joeys schedule for today , she pushed her glass up and shook her head.

"i can call him if you like?" she offered giving me a smile either that or she was trying not to laugh at cordelia chewing my hair.

i shook my head ,"no it's fine i brought lunch" i budded her farewell and head for the elevators.
i loved this building its so calming it has this marble floor and every little detail you could think of had either silver or gold. plus the various modern furniture made the place look amazing.

the elevator doors opened and i walked into the main area of the building ,only trusted staff were allowed in here because of all the business deals that are made on a daily basis. we wouldn't want joeys plans to be leaked for anyone to steal.

i seen kate working at the front desk taking phone calls. you remember kate don't you? she's the macdonalds worker that shopped me and joey from the start she's even the godmother of cordelia.

she looked up and quickly finished the phone call she was taking. she scrambled over to us with her arms out in which cordelia extended her own chubby little arms.

kate took my daughter into her arms and began to spin in slow circles. kates infertile so she wasn't able to have kids at all , it's weird because she is amazing with cordelia without any experience.

who would know drunk trips to mcdonalds with the fuck boy of our school could turn into this? i sure as hell didn't. for so long i resented joey but look at me now i'm married to him and we have our baby girl.

"how are you callie?" kate asked soon after blowing raspberries at cordelia. her little giggle warmed my heart as her tiny little hands banged off of kate's chest in excitement ,"mr birlem-joey is in his office." she knows joey hates her calling him mr birlem because it makes her seem like only a worker when kate is family. she might be blood but she's sure as hell more of a family to me than my own.

she handed me back my infant and i set her on my hit ," have a good day kate. oh shoot i almost forgot we're having a family diner tomorrow and of course your invited as always." i smiled and kate nodded saying a "i'll be there" before getting back to work.

i set cordelia on the ground and held her tiny hand, well her tiny hand held my finger as we walked into joeys office. of course we don't make it the entire way because after 7 steps she fell onto her bum and her eyes began to water.

i laughed at made her giggle with me ,"wasn't that silly of you" cordelia is the type of child to keep crying if you molly coddle her , something joey is fond of doing. i was taught that if i was to fall or get hurt just to laugh it off. one time i continued playing with a broken arm..

the wooden doors of joeys office opened up and there stood my husband and my baby daddy. "i knew i could hear my favourite girls" he grinned and picked cordelia up off of the floor pushing  her in and out of his arms whilst  kissing her each time.

"okay joey your going to make her throw up if you shake her anymore." i laughed and joey handed me her so he could get the bag with the food in it," i brought lunch" i said with a smile.

cordelia began to whimper on my hip whisky making grabby hands towards joey. he took one look at her eyes watering and just had to take her from me ,"i hate when she's upset. it makes me feel so bad. i need some will power over here callie i don't know how you can do it." joey whined