Chapter 18

Darius' point of view

I woke up early that morning and just laid there while Iris was cuddled next to me and she had an arm around my waist, holding me against her.

I played with her hair until she woke up. "Good morning." I said and kissed her. She hummed against my lips. "Morning." She smiled after I pulled back. "I have something planned for today." I cooed as she rubbed the sleep off her eyes. "Oh really?" She asked. I nodded. "Yep. So get ready." I said and got up.

Iris' point of view

I was basically shoved into the bathroom with a dress that Darius gave me and undergarments. He said we had something to do today but I didn't know.

I finished showered and dressed and Darius grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the house. He had a picnic basket in his other hand and we walked through the woods to the waterfall where there was a blanket. "Darius. What's this all about?" I asked as we sat on the blanket and he pulled out food. "Thought we'd have breakfast here." He said as he handed me some meet and vegetables.

We ate and talked and laughed together. After about two hours of being out here, I couldn't stop thinking of my one question. "Really, Darius. What's this all about?" I asked. He cleared his throat. "I just.. wanted to hang out." He said. "But.. but also ask you something." He said and fumbled through his pants pockets and he pulled out a ring.

I gasped. "This was.. this was my mom's ring before she died. My dad gave it to her the night they mated and.. and I get my dad wasn't the nicest guy, but my mom was. A nice woman, I mean. And if.. if she was still here, I'd think she'd love you and would want you to have this." He said, and slid the ring on my finger.

"Will you be my wife?" Darius asked. I didn't know what to say. He wasn't the nicest guy but I loved him. And he was trying to be. So I nodded. Darius gave me a small smile. "I know I'm not the best. And I'm horrible and a monster and just a bastard. But.. I've learned to care for you. And I'm glad I met you. Because if I didn't, I'd be getting worse."

I smiled and touched his cheek. "I'm glad you are." I said and kissed him.

OKAY! Super short chapter. So I'm kind of loosing inspiration for this book. But I might write one or two more chapters before I post the ending of the book. Sorry but thanks for reading.