Chapter 17

Nolan and his sister, Amanda stuck around for a couple more hours until it got dark and they left. Darius refused Nolan to even sit on the same side of the living room as me, though. I could see that jealousy raged through him every time Nolan ever so just glance in my direction.

I got to know a lot about them. They were twins and even before they were born, their mother had a feeling that they had a strong connection that no other twins had except maybe once or twice in all of werewolf history. As they grew up, they were their only friends. They barely left their house unless the other joined them and if one was sick, they stuck around with each other until they got better.

When they left, Darius grabbed me by the shoulders and kissed me hard and forceful. I tried pulling back but he had a grip on me and kept kissing me. I finally was able to get him to stop. "Darius, what's wrong?" I asked. "You're mine. You get that? Not his. You're my mate!" He told me and kissed me again.

I hummed against his lips before pulling back. "Of course I am. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. Or most the time. But of course I know that." I told him and wiggled out of his grip but his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into him. I looked up at him and he leaned down and lightly bit my lip. From the many times he either forced me to kiss him or I willingly kissed him, biting my lip was a way he asked for permission to enter.

I parted my lips and let his tongue explore mine and my mouth. I moaned into his mouth and gripped his shirt. I felt him smirk. "Jump." He told me. I did as told and he caught my legs and carried me to the bedroom.

He kissed me and his hands roamed my body before there was a knock at the front door that basically killed the mood. "Ugh. WHAT!" Darius yelled as he stomped out of the room and I quickly followed.

He opened the door and Bethany stood there. "Hey there, handsome." She said sexily, lightly adjusting her collar as it was unbuttoned to show a lot of cleavage. "Go away, Bethany. You ruined the mood." He said and tried to close the door but she stopped it. "Come on. Who's better at sex than-"

She cut off when she saw me but Darius blocked her view of me. "I don't want you near here again. Leave me and my mate alone. I want nothing of you." He said and slammed and locked the door.

He turned back around to look at me. "That was a mood killer." He mumbled. I tapped his cheek. "Don't worry it's fine. Maybe next time." I said then ended with a yawn. Darius chuckled. "You're cute when you're tired. Come on. Into bed." He ushered me to the bedroom. "Ugh no." I yawned but laid on the bed.

Darius laid next to me and cuddled into me. I yawned again and eventually fell asleep.

Darius' point of view
(Why not give him a pov?)

A million things were on my mind and I couldn't sleep. No matter how I tried, my brain wouldn't shut up long enough for me to fall asleep. So after an hour and a half of tossing and turning, I got up and walked out into the living room then to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

After three glasses of water and setting the glass in the sink and I leaned against the counter. I couldn't stop thinking about everything. Especially Iris and how I treated her. Of course, all the other things I've done, I regret but the fact I was horrible to Iris, the guilt didn't let me sleep at night.

"Darius?" Iris called behind me but I didn't turn around. "Darius? Darius, come to bed." She said after a moment of silence. "I can't." I sighed and turned around. "Why not?" She asked. I shrugged. "A lot on my mind." I told her. She sighed through her nose. "You must have a lot. Because this is the fourth night this week that you left bed. Is everything okay?" She asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine. I'm.. I'm fine." I said and walked up to her. She looked into my eyes. "Tell me what's bothering you." She said sternly. I looked into her eyes and sighed. "Why? Why did you allow me to mark you? Why did you stay?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Because I wanted to." She told me then pulled me back to the bedroom. "Please come to bed, though. I need someone to cuddle with." She said and pulled me onto the bed.

I wrapped my arms around her kissed her cheek. "I have a question." I said. She hummed against my neck. "Do you want any kids?" I asked. She chuckled. "Of course I do." She said. I nodded. "Okay. Well.. night." I said. "Night." She mumbled and we both fell asleep.