Chapter 13

Iris' point of view

I woke up to be wrapped up in Darius' arms. He had me laying on his chest and both of his arms were wrapped around my waist. Memories from last night flooded back.

He was teasing me. But to feel his touch, to feel his lips against mine. I felt like I was in pure bliss and I loved it. But yet hated to just be like putty in his hands like that. But a part of me wished it didn't have to stop and him actually so close to marking me. But I heard him mumble 'one day'.

I enjoyed listening to his heartbeat and his slow breathing. It calmed me. I heard a deep hum coming from his chest. "Morning." He said in a husky voice. I sighed and looked up at him. "Morning." I said. I started to sit up but he didn't let go of me. "Where are you going?" He mumbled. I laid back on his chest. "I don't know." I sighed.

I felt him playing with my hair. I didn't know if I liked it or if I wanted him to stop. But I didn't say anything and just let him continue to play with my hair. He lightly groaned. "I should probably get going." He said and sat up but pulled me onto his lap. I giggled. "I think it's going to be kind of hard for you to leave with me on your lap." I said. He rolled his eyes. "I don't have to leave right this minute." He told me. "Unless you want me to."

I shook my head no. "You don't have to leave right this minute. I might take it the wrong way. After what happened last night." I said. He snorted. "Nothing happened last night." He mumbled and ran a hand through his hair. "You kissed me. And took my shirt and bra off. I have no idea where you threw the bra." I retorted, looking around on the floor. "But we didn't do anything. We didn't have sex." He told me as I got up and grabbed the bra on the floor.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Well duh, sir. We didn't." I said and threw the bra in the hamper next to my door. I really got to do laundry.

He got up as well. "If we did, though, we could've helped your little friend." I smirked at him as we exited the bedroom. I looked up at him and he was turning a shade of pink. I smirked more. "You think I didn't notice you being hard?" I questioned. He growled at me as we headed to the door. "Would you.. would you like to hang out later?" He asked as I opened the door for him. I shrugged. "I guess. If you want to hang out." I said. He sighed. "I'm asking you if you want to hang out. It doesn't matter to me." He said. I shrugged again. "Sure. Let's hang. When?" I asked. He was the one to shrug. "4? 5?" He asked. "Okay. I'll see you then." I said. He nodded and looked down. "Yeah. I'll see you then, pup." He said and looked up at me. I lightly smiled. "Yeah." I said.

He cleared his throat and reached his hand up to my face before awkwardly leaning in before kissing me. I giggled against his lips. "What?" He asked. "Nothing." I said before pecking his lips. "Sometimes you're just an awkward kisser." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'll see you later. Bye." He said and turned to start walking away.

I closed the door and sighed. Darius seemed to be changing but I just felt like he wasn't the one. I don't know if I really wanted to be with him. He was mean and cruel and as my dad said. Not everyone changed for everyone. And maybe he wouldn't change for me. He was so mean to me when we first met. He killed so many people, including my mom. He was so used being that way that I don't know if he'll truly be a guy that I would've wanted to be my mate.

I felt torn. Felt like that no matter what I'd do, I'd always felt a little upset with something. If I chose to be with Darius forever, I'd always have that knowledge of him hurting others. But if I rejected him then I'd feel like I was never going to be able to learn how to breathe again. My inner wolf chose him and his inner wolf as our mate. I hate him. I hate Darius because of what he did. But I can't hide what's deep in my heart. I was in love with him. Not just because he was my mate. But because of him.

I wiped my face after realizing I was crying and turned around to walk into the living room. My dad was already sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. "I never realized why there must be so much crime in the human world. So much stealing and killing." Dad said as I sat next to him. "Sounds like our world. But we don't do it as much as they do." I said. Dad chuckled and set the news paper down. "Did you show your friend out?" He asked me as he grabbed my hand. I nodded. "Dad. He's not just a friend. You know he's my mate." I said, looking up at him.

Dad waved a dismissive hand. "Sorry, sorry." He sighed. He looked at me. "I just don't like him. He's got a bad vibe to him." Dad said. I sighed. "Dad. I get you don't like him. But, I just think maybe if we give him a couple more days. Or weeks. Or seventeen thousand years. That he'd change."

Dad chuckled. "I hope. But you do understand my rule. If he lays a hand on you the wrong way, you better reject him." He said in a matter of fact tone. I nodded. "I get that dad. Gosh." I said sarcastically and smiled. Dad smiled and lightly pinched my nose. "Don't use that tone with me, missy." He said and kept smiling.

He stood up and stretched. "Breakfast?"