First Contest Day Jitters Ch.8

Začať od začiatku

"Now that everyone's pumped up, let's begin with the main attraction!"

As the first Coordinator stepped onto the stage, Ash wondered how Serena felt right then. No matter what happened or who won, he'd be cheering for her.

'Good luck Serena.'

Serena's POV

   "And done! Silky smooth." Serena had just finished brushing Braixen and she let her back down on the floor. "Just a few more minutes guys." Serena muttered.

Although Serena seemed confident on the outside, on the inside, she felt like jello that could easily turn into a pile of gloop at a single negative sentence thrown her way. She was still in awe of May's performance. Although she gained determination from watching her onstage, she couldn't help but think of the competition ahead. She started inhaling and exhaling loudly. Dawn suddenly came up to her, Piplup waddling beside her.

"Man, May's really amazing onstage, huh?" Dawn gawked.

"She sure is." Serena replied. Dawn somehow noticed how Serena was acting and patted her back.

"You'll do just fine out there Serena! Don't worry!" She said encouragingly.

"Thanks Dawn." Serena smiled.

"Good luck out there Serena!" Dawn beamed.

"You too Dawn." Serena replied.

Suddenly, a person walked through the doors to behind the stage. (Guys, I'm just coming up with random names, ok?)

"Alright, number 4? Seria? You're up." A girl at one of the vanities stood up and walked over to the person and through the door.

'Number 4 already?' Serena started getting nervous again. She was number 6. She stared up at the scoreboard. Number 1 had gotten a 24.5, number 2 had a 26, and number 3 had a 25. Anxiety rushed through her. She was up in just a few more minutes. Her pokemon seemed to notice her nervousness. Braixen put her paw on Serena's hand.

"Braix." Braixen said, trying to calm her down. Sylveon wrapped one of her ribbons around Serena's arm and Pancham patted her on the back.

Serena smiled. "Thanks guys." She said gratefully.

The door suddenly opened again and the same person stepped inside the room. "Number 6? Serena? Are you ready?" They asked.

"Huh?" Serena said in surprise. Time went by to quickly for Serena's liking. She got up and followed the person out the door, and heard her pokemon cheering her good luck. Serena called Braixen into her pokeball. As Serena got closer to the stage, she heard a booming voice coming from the stage. 

"Please welcome Coordinator number 6, Serena! Also, for those of you who don't know her, she was the finalist in the Kalos Pokemon Showcase Master Class! This will definitely make this contest more interesting!" The voice said.

'Huh? How did they know that?' Serena thought. As Serena walked up to the stage, she heard loud cheers from the crowd. She waved a little bit, surprised by their sudden burst in energy. She grabbed hold of Braixen's pokeball.

"Alright Braixen! Come out!" Serena called. The sticker that Serena put on Braixen's pokeball surrounded Braixen when she appeared. Braixen struck a small pose, causing the audience to erupt in cheers. The announcer walked off the stage to make room for Serena to perform.

Serena smiled. "Let's start Braixen! Use Fire Blast!" Serena said.

Braixen's mouth started to heat up and she released a fiery cross-like attack into the air.

"Alright Braixen! Now jump into the air and use Scratch on the Fire Blast!"

Braixen's claws grew and glowed white. She jumped up into the air and scratched the Fire Blast up into tiny pieces. As Braixen fell to the ground, she flipped midair and landed perfectly. As soon as she touched the ground, the Fire Blast pieces exploded into beautiful orange sparkles. The sparkles flew down beside Braixen and she started dancing around in the sparkles. Serena smiled, knowing Braixen was having so much fun.

"Let's finish this Braixen! Use Hidden Power!" 

Braixen let out multiple light blue spheres into the air.

"Now hit them with Flamethrower!"

Braixen launched a stream of fire towards the Hidden Power. The moves collided and they both exploded. The Flamethrower turned into bright orange sparkles and the Hidden Power turned into tiny stars. Serena ran up to Braixen and hugged her. The sparkles sprinkled down on both of them and they both struck a small pose. The crowd gave them a standing ovation. 

The announcer walked onto the stage. "That was an amazing performance! Now, what do the judges have to say about that?" They both turned to Mr Contesta, Mr Sukizo,  and Nurse Joy who were sitting at the judge table. Mr Contesta was the first to speak.

"That was an amazing performance! You and your Braixen looked like you had a lot of fun! 10 for me!" He said. Serena smiled brightly and bowed towards him.

"I agree. You have much skill. I could see that you didn't care about being perfect, and only focused on having fun. I give you a 10 as well." Mr Sukizo said. Serena bowed gratefully.

"You did an amazing job! You mist have gotten a lot of experience when participating in Showcases in Kalos. You must have learned a lot to be able to perform so brilliantly the first time! A 10 for me as well." Nurse Joy said.

Serena squealed happily and hugged Braixen tightly. She kept repeating, "Thank you thank you thank you," in every direction. She was so happy to get a perfect score. All her worries seemed to float away from her at that exact moment.

Serena and Braixen walked off the stage and towards the Coordinator waiting room (idk what it's called). Serena kept smiling happily. Braixen and Serena we're both very happy, but they knew that they couldn't rest yet. They had just passed the first stage, and ther was one more to go. And they weren't the best at battling.

"Gosh, I wish I'd battled more with Ash back then..." Serena muttered to herself.

Bonus- Ash's POV

Serena was smiling so bright, that Ash thought he would go blind. Serena looked so happy and Ash was happy for her. She kept bowing and thanking people in random directions. Even though it was only the first round, it was extremely difficult to get to get a perfect score. As Ash watched Serena walk off the stage and the next person come up, he was excited to see what would happen. Before Serena completly walked out of sight, Ash saw her smiling and a tear of happiness form in her eyes. 

'Heh.' Ash thought as she walked off. 'She's really cute...'

Ash continued to stare at the TV, not paying attention to what was going on because he was deep in thought. Suddenly, he realized what he thought.

'Wait, WHAT?!' Ash fell off the couch. "Ooph!"

Sorry for not updating this week guys! Here you go! Improvement with the Amourshipping moments! I also just wanted to let yo all know, 300 reads guys!!! Y'all are the best! Also, thank you JorgeWrites for following me! I really appreciate it! Thanks again for reading all! Sorry again!

~Crystal