Chapter 8

Aoi:

I sat beside Sid and was wishing she would let me fix her hair. It was a rat's nest! I tapped on her shoulder a couple of times before saying, "I'm going to fix your hair now. No objections."

"Now, Aoi, don't spook the poor kid on her first day," Beth snickered. Liv smiled and lightly punched Beth, "I'm sure he's not gonna terrorize her that much."

"Rude," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Shinko asked 'cheeseingly' as the others call it. Actually, she was just teasing me. Rolling my eyes, I ignored her before moving my hands towards Sid's hair to fix the tangled mess when she turned towards me.

"What are you doing?" she said, flatly.

"I'm fixing that rat nest you call hair," I answered.

"It is not a rat nest."

"It kinda is..."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, It is."

"No."

"Yes."

"Nope."

"It is."

"Nada."

"Sid, you know it is."

"Uh-uh."

"Shh. Let me fix it."

"Nah." Did she just 'nah' me?!

"You can't 'nah' me!"

"Who said I did?" She raised her eyebrow.

"You just nahed me!"

"And?"

"And that is completely unacceptable! Now turn around so I can fix that rats nest of hair!"

"Nope." At this she tried to stand up and walk away, but Liv stopped her.

"No switching seats," she ordered, pushing Sid back into her seat.

"But...But this creep keeps trying to mess with my hair!" Sid complained. Liv laughed, "He does an amazing job! He's actually done my hair a few times!" She turned to me before continuing, "Also, one day I'm coming over to your house to fix it up for me. I keep getting it hung in branches when I run through the woods so it's getting hard to brush out in the mornings."

"That's always why you come to me. Plus, you've been getting lazy at brushing it out. I can tell from how your hair is in that bun. You normally only have your hair in a bun when you clean," I said. Liv turned to Sid after rolling her eyes.

"So you want me to have the creep do my hair?" Sid asked.

"The creep has a name. It's Aoi, and yeah. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back down and hopefully go to sleep."

"But what about class?" Sid asked.

"What about it?" Liv said sliding back into her seat.

"Mr. Kin said what we had wor-."

"Um, let me think, we're all here and we have mostly explained to you what we do, so I think that the work here is done," Liv countered matter-a-factly.

"Wait..." Beth and her brother said in unison, "Someone's missing."

"Who?" Kin asked.

"Willem!" Hotaka shouted while Beth fell out of her chair. Everyone laughed.

"Oh yeah, now that's the creep you need to look out for," Skinko said between laughs.

"No doubts there..," Liv muttered, half-asleep.