Snake Eyes

---

KEY:

[Y/HC] = your hair colour

[Y/N] = your name

[Y/A] = your address

[Y/EC] = your eye colour

---

     Your reflection stared at you, bright-eyed and beautiful, all done up in layers of make-up and jewellery. Your [Y/HC] hair hung low in thick curls over your chest, framing a large white jewel dangling from your neck. Around your wrist was a white bracelet, shimmering in the light of your bedroom. Three rings were on your right hand, one on your left. Your lips were a deep crimson, your eyes covered by sexy brown shadow. You wore a slim-fitting red evening gown that clung to your body like a lover, your curves lining elegantly to the floor. Your shoulders were bare; the dress had straps for sleeves, hanging from your shoulders, its ends flaring out to kiss the ground. Fake rubies glittered over your torso in a wave-like pattern. There was no split, so you could only just walk in it, but your reflection told you that didn't matter. You looked stunning.

     You grabbed your phone and checked the time. Your heart pounded. 6:09pm. He was almost here.

     You had met him that morning at the nearby tailor shop. You worked the early shifts there, from seven in the morning till one in the afternoon. It was your second job, and one that you were scared of messing up. The manager there was a fierce woman, all soft skin and scowls. Her eyes were more often than not narrow shards of black glass, judgemental and condescending. She didn't seem to have much respect for the younger generation, but your grandmother knew her well. You were so thankful for her; she would often slip a good word of you into your manager's ear. She was the one that ended up getting you the job in the first place. Still, that made you no less frightened of slipping up; the job gave you very good money, and your hours left you the rest of the day to get other things done. Losing it would mean you'd have to go through the process all over again - gingerly handing in your resume, shifting in your seat during the interview, the anxiety of not knowing whether you got the job or not. You didn't intend on doing it again, at least not for a while.

     But this morning something miraculous had happened. You were behind the counter, smiling brightly at whoever walked in the door and answering any questions that were asked of you, when he had strode in, his head high and back straight. He wore a sheer white shirt, slim black jeans and a pair of expensive-looking Timberlands. In his left ear was a white earbud, and you could hear him humming softly to his music. His beauty struck you the instant you saw him. He was a tall man, and very young-looking; his lips were soft, his skin not touched by any creases of age. A silver ring hung in each of his ears. His hair was a deep brown, styled upwards so his eyes shone in the morning light. His eyes were the best part of him. They were big and bright, full of life. Heavenly, you could almost say, and doe-like. When he came closer, you noticed how dark they were, like black pearls. He offered you a friendly grin when he caught you looking, and you hurriedly turned your eyes, focusing your attention back on your job.

     There wasn't a line, so he approached the counter. Pulling out his earbud, he smiled again and said, "Hi."

     For a moment you paused, a bit stunned. You'd always been a bit frightened of attractive people, and awkwardness was never something you lacked. You remembered your job, however, and gave him your biggest smile in return, the one you gave every person that entered the shop. "Good morning," you said in your best commercial voice. "Are you looking to buy a suit?"