Chapter Twelve

While I was sitting down staring at my Dark Mark with my matted, purple hair in my face, I heard a great big bang. I stood up slowly and made my way towards the smallest window ever, then to be blown back by an explosion. I fell to the ground with a couple rocks hitting me. I slowly got up and dusted myself off, then walked up to the gaping hole. I smiled as I looked around. 

I can escape. 

I haven’t flown in ages, so it was a bit hard for me to dodge the Dementors. Some kissed me but I was determined; they have little effect on me.

I flew with the black smoke following me. I always thought I looked like a Dementor when I flew. I soared; I didn’t stop until I bashed into a roof and fell down. I landed on my shoulder and broke it; but I needed to keep moving. I found myself in an alleyway. The sun was slowly waking up to greet me, while I covered my eyes since I never seen light in two months. I looked around a corner and saw the Big Ben; 8:00am. A lot of people are around going to work, but I couldn’t care less. I limped out of the alleyway with bare feet, matted hair, dark under-eyes and face, and my left hand holding my right broken shoulder. A lot of people stopped and stared at me. I just kept my insane smile on, staring back. I would have soared out of there, but I was hurting too much. I didn’t know where I was going, so I decided I would find a way to get to Hogsmeade, so I could possibly hide in the Shrieking Shack. I was almost across the street when someone called out.

“Hey! Are you okay? Do you need help?” A man shouted running up to me.

I stopped walking and turned to him, staring. He looked about 21; he had jet black hair and hipster glasses on, and a scarf wrapped around his neck and in his hand a cappuccino. He was pretty good looking.

“No! Why do you think I need help?” I winced at my shoulder.

“Your shoulder and foot are broken!” He exclaimed. I looked down at my foot and saw my ankle was poking out- I didn’t even notice.

“Oh yeah. Oh well!” I shouted limping away. I heard his footsteps run up to me and his hand on my unbroken shoulder. I shudder at the touch; I haven’t touched a person in forever.

“Come with me! I’ll take you to a hospital!” He said pushing me. I shook him off, and tried to hobble back to the alleyway I was going to.

“No!” I shrieked trying to run, but falling face first in a pile of snow. I didn’t even realize it was snowing; and here I am with no shoes on and a rag that hung off my body.

“Are you okay?” He asked placing his cappuccino in the snow and attempting to help me. I shook him off me and got up painfully, holding onto my shoulder.

“I don’t need your help!” I yelled which attracted a lot of attention. I laughed manically and taunted him.

“I don’t need your help.” I repeated quietly. “I can look after myself- I am not crazy!” I yelled limping off, leaving him baffled in the snow. I passed a mother with a 4 year old child, who was staring at me holding onto her mum’s leg.

“You’re going to end up like me you know!” I yelled laughing. The mother snatched up her baby and ran off, with the child still staring at me. I snarled and walked into the alleyway. I sat behind some rubbish bins and took a look at my shoulder.

Nothing a spell can’t do.

Shit.

I don’t have any of my belongings or my wand. They’re at the Ministry. At that moment an idea popped in my head.

I should go to Hogwarts.