Chapter One

I hope you enjoy Emma's sassiness as much as I do!

- Hallows

[ ps. i will be editing this story in the future, adding details, speech stuff like that :) ]

____________________________________________________________________

“Please welcome; Emma Darlington!” The doors flew open, revealing a thousand eyes looking at me.

Before I went in I cracked my knuckles, straightened my piercing and put some gum in my mouth, careful not to smudge my red lipstick.

I strolled in with my chains clanking every time I walked. I chewed my gum while smirking and looking around. I reached the front of the hall and sat on a stool, with an old lady putting an even older hat on me. 

Harry’s POV

Emma Darlington strode in smirking. She had purple hair with pink tips, red lipstick, and piercings in her face and she wore a leather jacket with ripped jeans, complimented by some boots with spikes on the heels.

Emma’s POV

“Think you’re so tough are you? Well, it’s all in your head…” A little voice said in my head. I rolled my eyes and raised my eyebrow.

After about 2 minutes he decided my house.

“GRYFFINDOR!” The old lady took the hat off as I stood up and made my way to the Gryffindor table. I sat in between a red headed boy and a scar head.

“Good evening children! Now we have two changes in staffing this year, we’re pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be teaching Care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome a new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. Now I'm sure, that you all will join me, into wishing the Professor, good luck. As usual, our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you-” An old man said but got cut off by a very pink lady. I knew Umbridge from the days when I lived at the Ministry. They gave me training lessons to become a 'pro' at defending myself and others, and she usually taught me. I never liked that crazy cat lady.

"Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely it is, to see all of your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we all are going to be very good friends." She said.

"That's likely.” A pair of twins said. I hid my smirk as I watched  Umbridge look their way and blinked a couple times, clearly not liking them already.

“The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this, historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged, let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practises that ought to be, prohibited.” She went on, giggling. She then walked off back to her seat, Dumbledore being the first to clap. About half of the hall actually clapped for her, the other merely out of confusion.

“Thank you Professor Umbridge, that really was most illuminating.” Dumbledore said, a forced smile etched on his face. I stuffed in my earphones and played some music. I tapped my foot and hummed the song. I saw a lot of people glaring and pulling weird faces at me. So I took out one earphone to be polite.

I heard words like ‘new…’ and ‘school’ and stuff like that but I wasn’t really paying attention.

*

I was sitting around in the Gryffindor Common room where Scarhead came in. I decided to call him Scarhead, because, well - its self - explanatory. They were talking rubbish but when I saw the Scottish boy get up from his seat, I got up from my seat and walked slowly over to the table where I picked up the newspaper.