"We've made arrangements to stay until early January." Adrian answered since everyone else had a mouthful of Madeline's delicious cooking.

Madeline smiled brightly. Ever since loosing Nate, I could tell she'd been incredibly lonely. Sure, Madeline had Grayson and Ethan, but not having the man she'd been married to for a century be by her side was probably unbearably difficult. I'd only known Grayson for a year, and yet I couldn't imagine being away from him for more than a day.

"We have plenty of room here! Everyone could even have their own room!" Madeline chirped happily.

"As long as I don't have to share a bathroom with Adrain," said Kyle looking over to his friend, "I'm happy."

"Ha ha very funny. Wasn't it you who destroyed our bathroom at headquarters after, what was her name, Je-"

Adrian was cut off by Kyle who ran lightning fast from his seat opposite the table to tackle his best friend to the ground. I looked at the two vampires in shock. Grayson and everyone else just looked on amused.

"Alright that's enough. I think I'm full." Kyle said standing up and dusting himself off. He helped to pull Adrian off the ground and walked over to the living room. "I think it's time to open presents."

I was full, but Madeline's food made it hard to want to stop eating. I sighed before saying, "Yeah I guess. Let's open presents."

Isla smiled before running over to be with her vampire speed. She not-so-gently pulled back my chair and grasped my wrist before pulling me to the living room.

"Open mine first," Isla said excitedly as she laid the present she'd brought me into my lap. As I began to tear at the wrapping paper, everyone else walked into the room.

"This was a heavy one," I commented before peeling back the wrapping paper just enough so that I could read the label on the present. "No way." I whispered.

In extreme excitement, I yanked back the remaining paper and laid it gently onto the carpet. Grayson, who had just sat to the left of me, cuddled into my side closer before whispering into my ear, "I told Isla you'd like something like this."

Isla had gotten me a typewriter; a genuine, old fashioned, 1950's typewriter. I'd always wanted something like this, and to finally have in my possession something I'd wanted for forever was a great feeling.

"Thanks Isla!" I said to my friend with a smile before pulling her into a hug. "I love it."

"Grayson said you would," she replied before sending me a wink.

"Now me." Kyle chirped before grabbing a large, ruby red bag from behind the couch. He handed me the gift. It was incredibly light for such a large size.

"Is there anything even in here?" I asked Kyle jokingly as I continue to dig through the endless amount of tissue paper.

"Of course there is. Keeping going." He commented.

I finally got to the bottom of the bag and felt something hard and rectangular. I grasped the object and pulled it from the bag spilling to remaining contents of tissue paper onto the floor.

It was a book. I then read the front cover. Kyle had gotten me a copy of Romeo and Juliet.

"The book was printed sometime in the 1800's. I thought it'd be cool for you to have." Said Kyle.

"This is awesome. And it's definitely cool to have."

"Ethan and I got you something together." Ambria said reaching into her purse.

"Well," Ethan began, "it's not just for you Emily. It's for you and Grayson."

Ambria smiled to Ethan then to me and Grayson before handing both of us a small white box.

"Look at you getting a gift on my birthday." I said to Grayson. "How's that fair?"

Gray didn't reply. Instead he just smiled to me and opened his white box.

Inside each of our boxes were to different pieces of jewelry made similar by the same emerald stone design. Grayson received a ring whereas I got a bracelet.

"Ethan and I thought of you while we were visiting their cousins. On our way we stopped in Seattle and happened upon these." Ambria said.

"These are so beautiful. Thank you Ambria." I replied.

She smiled before reaching over and pulling me into a hug.

Everyone except Grayson had given me my gift. Adrian had given me the stone from Mount Everest at the door, Isla gave me a typewriter, Kyle a book, and Ethan and Ambria a set of matching jewelry.

Everything got quiet and awkward all of a sudden.

"Alright everyone what about dessert?" Madeline questioned.

"Oh I'm not very-" Ethan began before Ambria elbowed him in the stomach.

"Dessert sounds awesome." Ambria said. In a matter of seconds, everyone but Grayson and I had cleared from the living room.

"Some birthday huh?" Grayson whispered into my ear before gently nibbling on it.

"Some birthday." I answered. "You haven't give me a gift yet." I teased before pulling myself into his lap.

"Check my left jacket pocket." Grayson said with a smirk. I smirked back before reaching to his jacket. I pulled out a thick piece of paper.

"A travel voucher?" I questioned.

"To anywhere." Grayson replied. "Good from December seventeenth to January fifth."

"Even Disney World?"

"Everywhere but Disney World." He teased before kissing me softly on the lips. "I just want to get away with you."

"December can't come soon enough."

50+ Votes for the next chapter