Chapter 4

**Kelleys POV**

You've got to be kidding me. Of course he walks in at that exact moment.

"Mr. North, I-I can explain! It-" Hayes got cut off.

"No Hayes, it's fine, I think that the rule I established a while ago is a little harsh, I'm letting her be a little more free now with boys, so I'm going to walk away and hope that Kelley, you aren't going to make any dumb decisions," my dad said to me and Hayes.

"Thank you so much dad," I say, smiling and then my dad walked out of my room.

"Does this mean you can date?" Hayes asks me.

"I think so!" I excitedly said.

"Sooo-" I cut Hayes off.

"No Hayes, I just met you yesterday. I'm not going to date you yet."

He looked disappointed. Hayes said bye and walked down the stairs on to the deck.

Well, tonight has been a pretty good night. But I barely know Hayes. How will I know if I can trust him? I decided to get some sleep. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

*
*
*

The crashing waves woke me up. It's 11am. Wow, I slept later than I usually do. I decided to take a shower and get dressed in some shorts, a crop top and pink vans. I put my hair in a side braid.

Just then, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Mack.

Mack- meet me at the beech at 11:30

Me- okay

I went down stairs to find a note from my parents that read : went to visit gma&gpa until Thursday. we trust you and love you.

Yay. I finally have the house to my self. Well, me and my dog Maggie.

I got some breakfast and fed Maggie. She was begging to go out side so I took her to the beach to meet up with Mack.

"Hey Kelley!" Mack said.

"Hey! Why did you wanna talk?"

"Oh I don't know I just wanted to hang out with you, Since I didn't get to go to formal yesterday, Rachel and I were sick," Mack said.

"Oh that sucks. Hey wanna chill at my house? My parents are gone till Thursday!" I said and Mack nodded

We walked back to my house and hung out in my room.

"Oh I almost forgot! My dad gave me permission to date finally! Andddd..well..Hayes and I kind of kissed last night," I say.

"What? Why did you kiss?" Mack asked, seeming very interested in what I just said.

"Well I'm not sure, it just sort of happened I guess..and my dad saw but he didn't freak out so that was good."

"So does this mean you and Hayes are dating now?" Mack asked.

"Noooooooo. I told him that we should just stay friends for now now. I didn't want to rush in to things," I said.

"Well that's good. Hey let's watch a movie!" Mack said.

We decide to watch Dear John, our favorite chick flick.

**Hayes POV**

Now that Kelley can date, I need to find a way to win her over.

"Hey Nash come here!" I shouted throughout the house, trying to get Nash's attention.

"What?" Nash asked coming into my room.