Chapter 1: Sudden Arrival

Kaneki's POV...

Rattles of chains, inside the red bird's cage. Tiles creaking in vain and a hole created in rage. By my hands, I've finally got what he deserve, Jason, who had tortured me endlessly in his play room, had met his brutal and shameful end.

Glancing at his pathetic and weak self on the crater hole, I gave nothing but a mindful and disgusted thought. Memories surging in a quick flash. The times he'd cut of my finger and toes. Making me count down to 1000's by 7's. Torturing others and expecting the blame on me. 

I tried to hang on but even so, I've lost it.

Both body and mind, I was once a fragile, scrawny young college boy but now, I'm nothing more than just a made of excuse Monster and slowly, I've began falling deeper in the depths of despair, clinging on the final thread I have called hope. 

But now, I have become one, stronger, fiercer and a broken shell that's impossible to emit any emotions. Nor show any. Caged by doubt and chained by guilt.

Looking around the same cage dome above me, I gave no thought of what I'm about to do and just continued on walking. Each step, left and right, shackles of chains, rattling in motion as I walked barefooted. 

I feel...nothing now and at that exact moment, empty thoughts began to surge-no, it's beginning to increase than more just a thought. 

Memories, the ones I've sacrifice in order to become strong of what I am now.

Walking half way, a swirl of gas and air was up front me. Hues of blues and lavender, spiraling in motion, in a description of something unnatural. 

At first, I thought I was hallucinating, thinking this is nothing but my once again, sanity recollections. However, when I dip my hand at it, it left a freezing sensation. So cold, that I immediately got a frost bite on my finger tips. 

I flick my fingers away, observing and touching the actual cold on my fingers. 

I looked back at the portal, floating in a still form. Awaiting for me to pass through, gladly inviting me in to its unknown. 

Remembering about the obvious appearance, it was none other than a supernatural transportation you know in books or in TV or on Movies.

A portal...

I wasn't surprise, not even one glint of emotion spread through me. 

What's the use of staying in a panic rush? Its not like it'll help anything. 

I've encountered all sorts of events and all aren't that friendly to remember, however, this one event is very new to me. Yet the thought of the supernatural events raise my question in a whole new level.

If this is real then, would I be transported to somewhere?

This time, my whole hand was through the portal, frozen stiff but hot warmth. It felt so weird to feel such a mixed temperature. 

I was having reluctant thoughts, but then, out of my complex yet obvious decision, I released out a exhausted sigh and took one last glance at my torture dome. 

I'll never come back to this place. 

No- better yet, forget that this world had even exist.