Chapter 5 The Ball

Imperia's P.O.V

    That day when I woke up and felt empty and solid of loneliness the beautiful creature, Kasper, whom was beside me, explained who I am. I still can't remember anything from the past and if I try to remember, I get more than painful headaches which make me weak to my knees.

  I learned that I am a bloodsucker. I am a being who has uncontrollable thirst and fangs that are  made-to-kill prey in seconds. I am on top of the food chain. I can walk just as fast as the speed of light. I am powerful and eternal death doesn't scare me.

  That was the day I felt alive. It's ironic since I actually don't have a pulse.

   Through the days Kasper has been a great help, I was adapted to being myself in a pretty short time. Around the time I woke up no matter how much blood I drank I had uncontrollable thirst, I even grabbed a maid and sucked her dry.

That's when Kasper trained me, he wouldn't let me have a drop of blood if I kept attacking people, so I had to learn to control myself until he saw my efforts.

  To be honest the moment I saw him and looked into his eyes, he mesmerized me. It's an indescribable feeling, his slick back hair always makes me concentrate on his vicious red eyes, his tight shirts reveal his seductive masculine lean body and when he talks with his deep voice it sends shivers to my body. I find him staring at me with a seducing look at times, but I don't actually like him I just find him handsome and  that's all. I think.

   Now and then around the castle I get quite bored so to fill my mood I roam the castle halls. In the darkness I feel as if someone is calling my name with great desperation and a vile desire. The shadows follow me from the cast betrayed upon them from the candles, it makes a feeling of loss roam inside of me. I learned the darkness can easily eat your soul and make you lose the consciousness that slips through your fingers.

     One night I lost my way through the castle. The voices that were eerily calling me cast a spell of panic and I opened the first door that I felt with the palm of my hands.

    As I went into the room I heard Kasper chuckling  to a maidens sweet talk. The feeling inside of me was replaced with something else. I couldn't tell if it was being hurt or selfishness.

    I caught a glimpse of them behind a bookshelf. The maiden also seemed to be a vampire, an alluring one in fact. They were in a scandalous act. Kasper was leaning on a couch while holding her waist. She seemed to be kissing him, creeping on his neck until she bit him. Kasper groaned.  The dark red blood was dripping now and I couldn't watch anymore.

      I didn't know what to think or feel.

  Did I possibly believe I was the one to be with him?

I was ashamed of my stubbornness. How can I possibly believe I am to be by Kasper's side?
He is royalty and I am not.

     He is, just, a vampire who helped me, I shouldn't mess with his affairs.

      I quietly sneaked out of there and stayed the whole night in another room that I found. Never did I go roaming the halls again.

  Getting back on track I put my high heels on and took a last glance in the mirror. I was wearing a green elegant dress that hugged my curves perfectly. The heels were black and simple. Kasper gave me jewelry as present with this outfit, I would say his tastes are beyond perfect. The necklace overflowed with peridot and emerald gems and a generous amount of diamonds were surrounding them. The earrings and bracelet held the same concept. I chose a simple green small clutch to go with my dress and lastly my hair was made in an elegant sleek updo that I would've never been able to do myself. Oh, one more thing my makeup was just the type that makes your eyes stand out and I decided to have a neutral lipstick to make the outfit balance.