I turned around and banged on the door

"Mom! Mom!"

But she ignored me. I had nowhere to go and I didn't know what to do.

I just began walking.

I walked and walked until my legs gave out.

I dropped down on my knees and began crying.

"Mom I miss you" I yelled

I didn't mean to disappoint her but I want to do something that I want to do.

I never had the option to do what I wanted in high school.

I wiped my tears and stood up.

I looked up to see a man standing there looking at me.

"Aigoo student what's wrong?" he asked

"Nothing"

"Ah come on you don't look so good you're probably hungry right?"

My stomach growled.

"Come on I'll buy you ramyeon and kimchi"

Usually I wouldn't go around eating with random people but I'm really hungry and my mom kicked me out so I'm desperate for anything right now.

I followed him into a convenience store that was nearby.

He poured hot water into the ramyeon cup and mixed it together before he put into the microwave that the store provides.

Once it was finished he pulled it out and placed it at a table alongside with a bowl of kimchi.

"Sit down" he said and I did so.

"Here you go eat up"

I grabbed my chopsticks and began eating.

"You're a pretty good looking young boy" he said

I slurped up my noodles and swallowed before answering

"I get that a lot. I wasn't just the brains in school I also have the looks girls were always all over me"

The guy chuckled.

"Have you ever modeled?" he asked while sliding a card next to me.

The card read "bighit modeling"

I nearly chocked on my noodles

"You want me to model?"

"Well you seem pretty young, you've got the looks and my company pays pretty well. That is if you're interested"

"You're company? Are you the CEO of this company?" I asked pointing at the card

"Yes I am"

My eyes widened

"I want you to be a model at my company" he continued.

I didn't know what to say.

"But I've never modeled before"

"That's okay you don't need experience when you got looks like yours"

"If you're interested give me a call I'm Mr. Choi. But there's one thing. My company is based in America so if you decide to join you'll have to move to America."

The first thing I though about was my mom. How could I leave her?

"Could I think about it"

"Of course take your time and give me a call when you're ready. Finish up your ramyeon or it'll get cold" he said and got up and walked away

He turned around.

"Oh student what's your name?"

"Oh ah Taehyung, Kim Taehyung"

"Ah Taehyung I hope we can work together" he said leaving

I sat there not being able to finish my ramyeon

What if I can finally do something I want?

I left the rest of my ramyeon and ran back home

When I got back home I reached for the door knob but it was lock.

"Mom it's me open up" I yelled knocking on the door.

But there was no reply

"Mom please open up"

Still no reply.

"Fine. Just listen to me. So an ahjussi well he seemed pretty young either way besides the point he said I'm good looking which I already know and he wants me to model for his company but it's in America and he says it pays well so mom we can move to America and see if this could possibly be something I want to do." I said nearly loosing me breath from how fast I was talking.

At this point I wasn't sure if my mom was listening and it made me annoyed.

"Mom would if I leave will you still not open the door for me.?Will you let your son leave like this?"

"Mom I'll give you 5 seconds to open the door or I'll leave to America right now and I won't come back so this is your chance to stop me"

"5, 4, 3, 2, 2 and a half, 2 and a quarter.....1"

Tears fell down my face.

She really didn't open the door.

I pulled the card from my pocket alongside with my phone.

While tears dripped down my face I dialed Mr. Choi's number and placed it on my cheek.

After a few rings he answered

"Hello?"

"Yes. Mr. Choi it's Taehyung"

"Wow Taehyung you called fast have you thought about it?"

"Yes I have"

"And your answer is?"

"Yes I'll do it"

From that point on I left everything in Korea including my mom and went to America.

Now

I've been a model for 3 years now.

The first time I stood behind a camera was surprisingly relaxing for me. I didn't have to think about my problems when I was behind the camera.

My mom eventually found out about me modeling and she completely hates the idea.

We rarely speak and when we do it's always really short.

I always miss her and wish she'd support me and what I do.

I was sitting down getting my makeup done when my manager who's Mr. Choi approached me.

Mr. Choi is basically a brother to me he's been taking care of me since I got to America and he's got me to where I am today.

"Wow looking good Taehyung"

"Thanks hyung" I said

"Oh you're going to have a new photographer from now on"

"why?"

"The last guy quit but I found a new person and she's really good"

"She?" I asked and his phone rang.

"Yes you have 5 minutes before the shoot starts" he said rushing to answer his phone.

Once I finished getting my makeup done I headed towards the set.

I was walking towards where I had to stand for my photos to be taken when a girl approached me.

"Hello I'm Y/N I'll be your new photographer from now on I hope we can work well together" she said smiling and putting her arm out so I can shake her hand.

I looked at her attempting to smile and ignoring her handshake while I walked away.

"Ok let's get this started and over with" I yelled getting the entire staffs attention.

Y/N stood there giving me a glare before she left to set up her camera

What's her problem? I thought