Too Sober

After Clary and Simon decided to get arrested, The four shadowhunters had to save them once again. In the process Luke became the new Alpha of the werewolves, but not before he was bitten and Alec and Calista had to once more save person in Clary's life.

After that whole situation, Jace and Clary decided to break into the police station and get the Cup that Clary thought Dot had put in a tarot card, after a slap, and akward water incident and Clary stabbing a demon Jace, the Cup was retrieved and place in the safe hands of the Lightwoods. 

Everything seemed to be doing ok until Max ran up to his older brother and his brother's unofficial girlfriend.

"Alec, you think you could get my stele back?" The youngest Lightwood asks his oldest brother. Calista lets out a light laugh as the two crouch down to be at the boys level.

"Max, sweetheart they took it away because you nearly burnt down the Mumbai Institute." Calista says sweetly and Max rolls his eyes.

"How many times do I have to say it was an accident?"  He mutters and Alec looks over at Calista, who is trying to hold in a laugh by biting her lower lip.

"Look, Max." He sighs, grabbing his brother's arms. "Somebody very important is coming to visit. All right? You think you can stay out of trouble for just a couple days? If you do, I promise we'll get your stele back." He smiles and Max hugs the two in front of him. All of a sudden the door opens and Valentine walks through, ready to fight.

Calista pushes Max behind her and pull out her staff. Alec launches an arrow at him, which he catches and Calista throws her staff, which he doesn't catch and it embeds itself in the flesh of his shoulder.  He lets out a loud pain before running his stele over a rune on his arm, reveal a short blonde girl.

She reaches for the staff but Calista snaps her fingers, freezing the blonde, she walks over and pulls her staff out before unfreezes the girl, who runs her stele over the healing rune on her neck.

"That reaction time was abysmal." She says to everyone, and then turns to Calista and Alec. "Except for you two. I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave." The blonde says professionally, she soon spots Maryse and walks over to her.  "Maryse. The Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this Institute."

"Wait a minute. Nobody informed us." Maryse says in shock and Lydia just kept her professional face on.

"The Clave doesn't need to. And, to repeat myself, it's temporary. Nothing's been decided yet. But I do need full clearance in order to assess how this Institute is running. Where is Clary Fairchild? I would hope someone here knows."

"She's in the field, training." Izzy snaps, covering for her new found friend.

"You're telling me she's just... out and about in the streets of New York? Valentine's daughter?"

"Isn't she also your cousin?" Calista snaps, she didn't like the blonde standing in front of her, she got a strange feeling from her.

"Distant cousin." Lydia scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"She's with Jace." Calista snaps once more. Lydia finally gets a good look at the girl who through the staff. Her eyes bugging out of her head when she realizes that it's Calista Honorlaw.

"Miss Honorlaw, I had no idea you were here. If the Clave knew..."

"Please my family doesn't have to report shit to the Clave, and the Clave knows it. So shut up and do your damn job, or I will do mine." Calista sneers at the blonde, getting into her face even though she is a good eight inches taller than her. "And believe me bitch, you don't want that to fucking happen."