18

scarlett threw herself onto the couch and grabbed the remote. she flipped through channels but none seemed to be what she wanted to watch. letting out a dramatic sigh she switched off the tv and grabbed her laptop. hoping netflix would cure her sickness of boredom. as she was browsing through the movies she heard a knock on her apartment door. she huffed and swung her legs onto the cool wooden floor. she walked to the front door and swung it open. mitch stood in the doorway with a box of microwave popcorn. scarlett let out a laugh and beckoned for him to come in, as he enters she snatches the box from his grasp. he lets out a surprised yelp and slams the door behind him. scarlett's sock covered feet slip out from under her as she rounds the corner into the kitchen. she hits the floor with a loud bang, and she lets out a groan of pain. mitch quickly rushes to her side, half concerned and half laughing. scarlett let out a large laugh in pain, which soon turned into them cackling on the floor. mitch suddenly turned to her "so are we actually going to make the popcorn?"

scarlett rolled her eyes and snorted. "way to kill the mood marner." she snapped playfully. he pouted, and snatched the popcorn from her hands. she yelped and slowly brought herself to her feet. he threw the bag into the microwave and turned to face scarlett, she playfully scrunched her nose at him and he let out a laugh.

the microwave beeping brought them out of the unintentional staring competition, mitch grabbed the bag out of the microwave and threw it into a bowl. scarlett reached around him and grabbed a couple pieces, he slapped her hand away and walked with the bowl towards the couch. scarlett followed quickly in pursuit. he hopped onto the couch and flicked on the tv, seeing star wars on the tv made scarlett squeal and jump over the couch. scarlett barely noticed the sun going down outside her window or the bowl of popcorn slowly being eaten. she didn't know how she ended up with his arm around her waist and her head on his shoulder. she didn't care, she looked up at him and smiled. mitch playfully blew on her face, pushing her hair out of the way. she let out a light giggle and focused back on the movie. every so often mitch would blow slightly on the top of her head, and everytime it never failed to make her smile. thanking the darkness that covered her blush, as the credits rolled she slowly moved out of mitch's arms. she slowly got up off the couch to put the now empty popcorn bowl in the kitchen.

as she returned to the couch she noticed the next movie playing, she glanced over to mitch who looked all too pleased with himself. she sat down next to him again, he automatically pulled her closer to him which allowed for him to loosely hang his arm around her waist. feeling a slight pull on her hair scarlett turned her head, only to find mitch smiling down on her. she gave him a smile and she saw his eyes flicking down towards her lips. catching on she slowly leaned in, their lips meeting. scarlett's heart was beating rapidly, not knowing if she could handle this. as she slowly pulled away, she faced back towards the tv and slumped into mitch's chest. he put his arms around her and placed a light kiss to the top of her head. scarlett smiled. the best things in life never come right away.