16

scarlett awoke to a pounding on her front door, she opened her eyes and squinted. the bright sunlight blinded her momentarily, the couch she slept on now making sure that she was sore from the uncomfortable pillows. she looked towards the front door, just now noticing the body that was draped across her lap. scarlett's mouth opened but then she closed it, she was confused as to how she couldn't notice mitch's body before but she shrugged it off. she slightly lifted mitch of her body, and snuck towards the front door. she opened it quietly and winced at the squeak it made. she fully opened the door to see a very scowly jessica.

scarlett took a deep breath and opened her mouth to speak.

"i can explain." scarlett whispered.

"bitch you better explain." jessica spoke loudly. instantly scarlett winced at the sudden noise.

"shh. mitch is alseep" scarlett scolded. jessica's face turned from one of anger to one of disbelief.

"im sorry? what. the. shit. did. you. say?" jessica exaggerated the pauses.

"look he just slept over after we went out last night." scarlett attempted to explain.

"wait are you guys? you know?" jessica questioned.

"no! god no. he just slept over we hung out all of yesterday. he said he wanted to hang out after the game and i didn't want to let him drive home after so we just spent the next day together." scarlett spoke. jessica broke into a smile and squealed. scarlett quickly placed her hand over jessica's mouth.

"shhh" scarlett hissed.

scarlett rolled her eyes at the hyper girl in front of her. jessica just smirked, then took an exaggerated breath.

"well i guess i'll leave you and lover boy then, later scarlett" jessica spoke and walked away from the door.

scarlett called out a quiet goodbye, and closed the door carefully. she left out a sigh and walked towards the kitchen. out of the corner of her eye she spotted someone, she screeched and slipped backwards on the tile floor. the person stepped out of the shadows and mitch's concerned face appeared. he was laughing quietly but he bent down and picked her back up.

"are you ok? you took quite a fall there, darling" he taunted. scarlett stuck out her tongue, and pouted. she jokingly started ignoring him. he seemed to notice quickly and decided to attempt to make her laugh. she reached high for the tea bags on the shelf but her short arms couldn't grasp the box. mitch chuckled lightly and reached over her head and grabbed the tea bags. he held them up over his head and taunted her. scarlett jokingly glared at him and took a few steps back, she ran at him and jumped. she grasped the tea bag box and landed. 

"mock my shortness again, i dare you." she threatened.