14

scarlett made her way outside and pulled her light jacket towards her body, the cool toronto air wasn't helping right now. she left out a huff of air and pulled out her phone. she scrolled through her messages to see if mitch texted. she sighed as she saw zero notifications. she found a small ledge and sat down, she dug her headphones out of her small bag. she plugged them in and shuffled her playlist. she placed one earbud into her ear and tapped her foot against the pavement. song after song, scarlett started to wonder if mitch was ever coming out. she sighed and got up brushing her hands against her pants, she slung her bag over her shoulder and walked around hoping to catch a sight of mitch. scarlett began to lose hope, the cold was starting to make her shake. her light jacket doing nothing to keep her warm, she blew on her hands to keep them slightly warmer. suddenly she was picked up and scarlett shrieked.

scarlett threw her arm at the person who was holding her, the person let out a whine of pain and discomfort. scarlett looked behind her to see mitch with a puppy dog frown on his face. scarlett's mouth dropped open and a flood of apologies came out of her mouth.

"shit, mitch im so sorry! shit. sorry, i just reacted and i'm sorry." she let out.

mitch let out a laugh, and all he did was hug her.

"it's fine scarlett. i'm a hockey player, i can handle an arm to the face." he told her with a huge smile on his face.

"but you're like the size of a small child, i don't want to see you hurt." she laughed out. mitch pouted, he flexed his arms as he speaks.

"but i'm a big boy" he said with a frown.

auston spoke up from the shadows.

"whatever helps you sleep at night, marner."