We stood there for a good five minutes, just holding one another. He was latched onto me like a child, and I was rubbing his back and whispering sweet affirmations in his ear.

"Shhh, baby," I whisper gently, nose against his temple, knowing that we should take this out of the hallway. "Shhhh. Come on, come inside."

He lets out another strangled sob, refusing to let go of me. He didn't want to move. He wanted to stay there, with me wrapped up in his arms -- forever. It felt so easy. It felt so....so right.

He needed me.

"Harry, sweetheart. C'mon. Come inside," I offer again, gently kissing his temple.

His nose was buried deeply in the crook of my neck. He nuzzled it in a little further and shook his head no wildly. "I don't wanna," he mumbled against my skin, sounding more like a fourth grader than a grown man.

It took everything in me not to laugh at how adorable he was at the moment. But I knew that whatever this was, this was serious -- so I didn't.

After a few minutes of coaxing, I finally convinced him to let go of me, at least enough to grab his hand and tug him inside. Our fingers interlocked tightly and just like coaxing a scared puppy out of a kennel, I finally got him inside to the safe, warm comfort of the inside of my apartment.

"Well, I see I had better go," Matt mentions from the couch. He slowly stands up, smoothing out his wrinkled shirt. "We'll finish this another time," he offers to me, nodding back to the TV that was playing Ballers.

He was gorgeous, athletic. Perfect teeth. Perfect smile. Perfect body. A little more on the preppy side -- he could probably be mistaken for a frat boy if you were the judgemental kind.

I bite my bottom lip and nod. "Sorry, Matthew. I'll call you later."

I watch hesitantly as one of my best guy friends awkwardly brushes past the two of us on his way out of the door. Before he can leave, he pauses, looking back to me. "Remember what I said. Be careful."

I nod, biting my bottom lip as he shuts the door on the way out. I lock it behind him, turning around to see a rigid, angry looking Harry. His mood did almost a 360 from the time I let him out of my arms.

"Who the fuck was that?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"That fucking bro-trash. Who the hell was he?" he asked, his spirit enflaming a little more at the realization that there was another penis that had stepped foot inside my apartment since him. He didn't know who he was, and he didn't care. He didn't belong here, in his mind.

"Woah, calm the hell down. In case you forgot, you came here unannounced," I counter, still not quite sure what his deal is.

"Are you fucking him?"

I laughed with a scoff. Of course I'm not fucking him. He's my best guy friend. He was actually over for take out, as he needed some help with his own girl problems, and I needed some advice for mine. But I'm not going to tell him that. Because, seriously? Fuck him for his double standard.

"Says the engaged man standing in my apartment at 1am?" I bite.

Harry's face contorts into hurt, and I immediately regret saying it.

"You didn't seem to have a problem fucking me while I was engaged..." he bites back.

Wow, that escalated quickly.

"I guess maybe I should re-think that decision, shouldn't I?" I whisper, hurt by his words instantly. Was he trying to insinuate that I was a whore? How fucking dare he!? I didn't mean the words coming out of my mouth, but it's too late.