Chapter 2 - Goddamn Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

I hear him and his friend as they walk up the stair case. Instead of carrying on however, they just have to walk along the hall closer to me. I cover my mouth thinking if they can't hear me they won't see me, of course I just have to be wrong.

"Ai-yeon?" He asks. I walk out from the corner to greet him.

"Hi Tae," I huff at him.

"Why're you here?" He asks. I roll my eyes instinctively. "Do you have a friend here or something?" I smirk evilly at him.

"I suppose you could call him a friend," I smile, raising my eyebrows sassily. He gives me a confused look. I try to walk passed him but he blocks me with his arm. Hi friend as walked away from us by now. He grabs round my shoulders. I look up at him, giving him a death stare.

"Ai-yeon," he says looking genuinely concerned. "What happened?" I say nothing, just tear myself out of his grip.
"Ai-yeon, please."

"Nothing happened, okay Tae?" I snap back still not looking at him. I here him breathe out, though not as if he breathing out in relief, he breathes out as through he's frustrated.

"Then why are you shaking?" He asks. "Ai-yeon did you-?" I cut him off, tearing through his words with my voice.

"NO TAE, NO I DIDN'T HAVE SEX!" I shout at him, turning quickly. He jumps back in shock. He's never heard me raise my voice. Walking forwards with a hand outstretched, he goes to say something.
"WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU CARE? YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME HOW I FELT OUT ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP." I scream at the top of my lungs. "So why do you care now?" My voice sinks and I turn around and walk, not even waiting for a reply. It feels like a pair of eyes are staring me straight in the neck as I walk away.

~*~

"Where the hell have you been?" I get bombarded with questions. "When I called you who were you with? Who's this Jungkook guy? When did you break up with Tae? Why aren't you answering my questions?"

"Chill out Ru-Ri," I say sitting down and yanking my shoes off.

"No I will not chill out," she says mocking my voice. I laugh at her. "This is not a laughing matter." Her saying that causes me to laugh even more. "Hey stop laughing this isn't funny. I was worried sick all night."

"And I wasn't thinking about any of my worries last night," I say smirking at her. Her eyes widen so much, I'm surprised they don't pop out of there sockets. "Sorry Ru-Ri, I was joking."

"Well it's not funny," she says slapping my arm. She smiles softly with a slight sadness in her eyes. "Ai-yeon, did you leave because Tae broke up with you?" I look at my feet and begin to tap them together.

"I always go out after dinner," I say smiling up at her.

"Yeah but you also come home after an hour," she replies. "Be honest with me. We've known each other our whole lives."

"I know Ru-Ri, I'm sorry," I answer. "I should have told you me and Tae broke up. I just hadn't processed it yet." She crosses her arms and faces away from me.

"Seemed like you could tell that Jungkook guy easily," she scoffs. I stand up and hug her.

"I'm sorry Ru-Ri," I say smiling cutely.

"When did it happen?" she asks causing me to get off of her. I look at her confused. "When did you break up with Tae?"

"He broke up with me," I answer smiling sadly. "Yesterday after school." She recoils back in shock.

"But he came round our house with flowers last night," she says looking utterly bewildered.

"What?" I spit out.

"Last night around eight he came round with flowers asking if he could see you," she says. "He said he needed to apologise to you and explain something."

I feel like such an idiot. I put my hand on my face, not being able to believe my own stupidity. I begin to put my shoes back on. I tie the laces and stand.

"Wait," Ru-Ri says as I open the door. "He said he and some friends would be going away for the weekend." I accept it and sit back on stairs and take my shoes off for the second time.
"Now Ai-yeon please explain why you reek of cigarettes," she answers sitting down on the stair next to me.

"Is it that bad?" I ask sniffing my jacket.

"Yes it is that bad. Even your breath smells of them," she laughs at my worried expression.

"Sorry," I laugh back. "It's Jungkook's fault." I smile widely. She rolls her eyes.

"What does Jungkook look like?" She asks me. I look up into the ceiling.

"He's tall," I begin to explain. "5 foot 10 or so." She nods. "He has light brown hair that flops forwards on his forehead." She giggles at my expression. "He's really muscular. And I mean REALLY." I emphasise the word really. "I'm determined to find out why he smokes and stop him." She wraps her arms around my shoulder.

"He sounds cool," she smiles. I look at her as she smiles.

What's she thinking about? And why is reminding me of my mother?

"Ru-Ri," I say then she turns to face me. She's been struck out of her gaze. "Why do you look like such a mother right now?" She rolls her eyes again.

"Because," she begins. "If you don't tidy your bedroom you're not getting dessert." She mocks what our mother's would say when we were around seven or eight.
"No but seriously your room is a tip. Please clean it." I laugh and nod. I walk up the stairs.
"IN GOING TO MAKE PANCAKES!" She shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

I've known Ru-Ri my whole life, we grew up together. Her mum and mine were best friend in college and that lead through into adulthood. Just before Ru-Ri was born her dad left, no-one we know has seen him since. After a year Ru-Ri's mum stopped looking for him. My families case was a bit more tragic. It was when I was two. My mum and dad were going to the hospital so my mum could give birth. I had been left with Ru-Ri and her mum. That night they were travelling down the main road. It happened about 100 meters away from the hospital grounds. My dad turned the wheel to head into the grounds, when a motorbike sped towards them. Because of the amount of pressure he was under due to my mother being in labour, he flinched and drove the car into a wall. The paramedics and fire service got then out, but they couldn't save everyone. My little sister died after a couple days in the hospital, however my Father died on impact. As a child I didn't really understand the concept of life and death. After staying with Ru-Ri for a lot longer than I was supposed to my mum came and collected me and I'd ask,
"Where is Dad?" And my mum would smile and at me.
"He's visiting the angels," she told me.
"But how did he get there?" I asked.
"By loving us," she explained.

I walk into my bedroom and look around. I walk through the piles of college books and clothes towards my bed. Instead of cleaning them away like I should, I sit on my bed and lay backwards.

"Dammit," I say slamming my hand against the side of my bed. "I didn't get his number." I rub my hand. "I also need to stop slamming my hand into things."

Without You || BTS Jungkook [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara