One - Rejection (Edited)

The Last White She-Wolf

❀ ✿ ❀ ~ Eva ~ ✿ ❀ ✿

"Eva! Get your ass out here, you were supposed to be making dinner fifteen minutes ago!"

Startled, I look over at the clock, seeing that it's four forty-five. I close my book and climb out of my corner, unlocking my door. Gloria stands outside, glaring down at me, rolling her eyes as she turns around and stalks back down the hallway.

I hurry to the kitchen and begin making enough dinner for about the seventy people that live in the pack house. A few women in the pack come in and offer help out of pity. I ignore them but let them help, thankful that they would even offer. No one ever does.

Soon, we're setting dinner out and I'm returning to my bedroom to wait for them to finish.

Three hours pass and I climb into bed after washing the dinner dishes, eating some leftovers, and taking a shower. I sigh I set my alarm for four am, hoping that will give me enough time to help a few ladies cook breakfast and make it to school on time.

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

The next morning after I've finished washing the breakfast dishes, I return to my room and pull on my school uniform and start my daily walk to school.

Five minutes later, I walk into the school parking lot and head inside weaving my way through the throng of students. I gasp as I bump into someone, sparks igniting on contact. A voice suddenly makes an appearance in my head. "Mate?"

My eyes widen as I look up, dragging my gaze up the towering stature of Andrew Jones, the heir to the Alpha. His eyes meet mine and my lips part and before I can stop myself, I murmur quietly. "Mate?"

He growls at me before I can blink, shoving me through a doorway and into a stairwell. "You are not my mate and I will never, ever consider you to be my mate. You're an Omega, and I'm the heir to an Alpha, I cannot be seen with the likes of you. You are pathetic, worthless, and an excuse of a wolf. I, Andrew Ryan Jones, reject you, Evangeline Marie White."

His words feel like knives stabbing me repeatedly into my heart.

My eyebrows furrow as my blood begins to boil in anger. "You were... supposed to love me."

He barks out a laugh and then scowls. "Well, I don't, and I never will."

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I feel tears dripping from my eyes and I wipe them away with my sleeve. I clench my fists at my side. "Mark my words, Andrew, you will regret everything you just said."

I turn and shove the door open that leads outside, racing towards the woods, taking the shortcut back to the packhouse. As I weave through the trees, jumping over logs, my chest heaves and sobs wrack my body.

I find myself in my bedroom a few minutes later, throwing my things into a bag and collecting my valuables. Once I'm done, I scribble down a short note.

Dear assholes,

     By the time you find this note, I'll be gone. I was rejected by my mate, who will probably remain nameless unless he tells you. Which I doubt he will.

Love,

Eva

xoxo

I toss the note on my bed and grab my bag, turning around but stop as I see Alpha Mark standing in the doorway, frowning deeply. "Eva?"

I smile sadly. "Hey,  Alpha Mark."

"Where are you going?" he eyes my bag worriedly. Alpha Mark likes me, he treats me with kindness, but I always ask him not to tell the pack to like me, because they never truly will and I will always be able to tell.