Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 1

Hey guys! Just a little info about this story. My thoughts about this story is basically that I took my friend's lives and turned them into this story. Some of the things are true, but A LOT of the things that happen didn't. Well enough about my rant. Enjoy!!

The Hidden Secret

Chapter 1

Making my way to the band room is just another part of my everyday school routine. I walk the halls, pass a couple of classrooms, and then enter my domain. You see my name is Claire and I am the school's biggest band nerd, but with a secret I'm sure everyone wants to know. Ever since middle school I've had the hugest crush on the school's star quarterback Myles. He's even in a lot of my classes. But you see Myles doesn't even know I exist until he sakes me a question about our Calculus homework. Ugh guys can be so aggravating.

I've known Myles for quite a long time. We went to the same school since we were kids. Of course he never noticed me because I am not the typical bottle-blonde (sorry if you dyed your hair blonde, no offense). I have the reddest, curliest hair known to man kind. I were glasses, I've had braces, and I play sports that don't get a lot of attention in high school-tennis. And the topper to it all, I'm supposed to Valedictorian. Great another thing that won't play to my advantage in high school.

So this is my story- I'm a band nerd brainiac who has the biggest crush on the star quarterback. Great being Drum Major of the band couldn't of had a better timing in my life.

Band and tennis are the things that put me in my element though. Playing music allows my to express myself that most people wouldn't think about. I can create melodies and harmonies in my head, then bust out my laptop and record them. And then tennis lets me get out my frustration. I can hit the ball as hard as I want and still make it in - I guess that's why I'm ranked number one on our high school's tennis team.

I know this is sounding like a sappy story of a girl wishing upon a star hoping that the guy of her dreams will sweep her off her feet, but trust me, I don't even think Myles is even capable of getting out of his sport and jerk rut. It seems like I will always be the dreamer. Great.

When class ended, I picked up my books and headed out the door. As I turned to go to my locker I slammed into someone, or something, that was going at an abnormally fast pace. When I dusted off my pants and began to pick up my things, I noticed that whoever I ran into didn't just run off. I continued picking up my books when I saw him holding out my Wuthering Heights book hoping that I would take it.

"I guess you started reading the book for Ms. Landry?"

I was stunned. Did he actually acknowledge me?

He kept the book a little longer and began reading the back of the book. 'Hmm big boy can read' I thought. Well of course he can he's in all of my AP classes and he gets all A's like me.

"Yeah I guess. Seems like a good read. Shouldn't take me long though I can read through War and Peace in under a week. I'll tell you how it is if you want?" Was I actually making conversation with him? Yay for me!

"I think I might like it. The plot is a little dark, so it seems like my kind of book."

Woah, did he just say he likes the dark and twisted kind of books? Check number two in my book. If only, if only he knew. Maybe I should tell him that I write my own music, or secretly enjoy watching sports - thanks dad.

"You enjoy the dark and twisted sort of books?" I can't believe I just asked that! Omg he's gonna think I'm weird and stalkerish. Just great.

"Don't tell anyone, but yeah. When we read that excerpt from Milton's Paradise Lost in English? Well I kinda excited about it. It was neat to hear about all the things that could have been. "

I was shocked. Maybe I should tell him about my secret obsession about my music. He might enjoy it. But before I knew it, we were standing in front of my locker and still talking about books that we enjoy. Could he get any better?

"You want to know something crazy though?"

"Sure, go ahead"

"This maybe weird but I kind of a music freak. Not as bad as I am about reading, but still I love music. Dumb don't you think?"

And before I could tell him what I've been secretly wanting to tell him, the stupid bell rings. Great now I was going to be late for PE. That was one class that I could talk to my best friend Melissa and workout at the same time. And the plus side, the baseball team was also going to be in the weight room today!

I hurried to the locker room, changed into my workout clothes, hurriedly put my things in my car, and made my way to the weight room. I didn't even realize that Melissa was walking next to me until we reached the doors of the weight room.

"You alright Claire?"

That is what Melissa always started our convos with. Thanks Melissa for knowing everything that has happened to me.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just ready to workout. I think today I'll do some bench press, then some squats, and then abs. Then after I'll go run some laps around the track. "

"Woah girlie.. you want to max out before practice after school? Something must be on your mind. Spill."

Do I tell her about my conversation with Myles. No I couldn't risk it. I just needed to workout and run to clear my head and forget everything that happened today.

When I opened the door the the weight room I couldn't believe my eyes. There was tall, tan and built Myles. Well of course the whole baseball team was in there, but apparently my eyes deceived me. I hastily made my way over to an open bench and started my workouts. About half way through, when I was doing some sit-ups, Myles walked over. He sat down next to me on the floor and started doing some sit-ups as well. Great what more can this guy do.

I cut my workout short and headed out the door to the track. I stretched my legs and started to run. Running was my thing besides music and tennis. Running cleared my head and made me focus on breathing and motion. Just what I needed after a day like this.

"Mind if I join you?" Where did he come from?! Wasn't he supposed to be with the rest of his team?

I stopped running and turned toward him.

"Sure... I.... guess...." As soon as I finished my saying I took off again, hoping that he wouldn't follow. But needless to say, he did follow.

"So, I guess you don't want to talk. That's cool. Do you know you run really slowly?" What could I say, I had pulled out my iPod the moment I got outside the weight room and turned it on to Theory of a Deadman. And what the hell, I don't run slow. Well I guess when your 6'3" my running would be a brisk walk. Ugh why did he have to do this now?!

I pulled out an ear bud and said, "Why are you talking to me? You practically avoided me all throughout middle school AND high school. So why now? Huh?!" And with that I put my ear bud back in and ran back to my car since the bell had rang.

I hope he got the picture. Cause even though I have a major crush on the dude, I still can't get out of my head all the times he thought I wasn't there.

Ugh, guys can be so aggravating!