"No?"

"Short term memory loss?" Aiden shakes his head. "Personality disorder? Well, you don't need to answer that one but-"

"What are you on about?"

"You literally left me on the side of the road after that stupid kiss. Do you really-"

"Oh. That." He interrupts, taking the last gulp of beer from the bottle.

"Why are you even here? I am done with your mood swings, and just everything. I left for a reason. That's enough pack life for me for the next two years at least and tell your witch thanks for whatever that was back there, but I'm not interested in what else she can do for me. Now, just go!"

My neck is throbbing. There's a blister on my heel from wearing those stupid stilettos tonight and I have a headache that feels like ten hangovers rolled into one. Disappearing into my bed is all I want to do until at least tomorrow afternoon and I can't do that until he is gone. My eye feels irritated and rubbing at it, I realise I'm about to cry. Oh, just, perfect.

Aiden frowns stepping closer and I move away. "I can't deal with this tonight. Please, leave me alone. I don't even know why you're here."

Then he is everywhere. His arms are over my shoulders as I'm brought in close against him. It doesn't feel awkward at all, in fact it feels like the most natural place to be which I hate, but not enough to move away just yet. Without thinking, mine go around his waist and I rest my cheek against his chest. He's so warm and I can't be bothered thinking about this now. Minutes, maybe hours go by and I know I should probably stop this; kick him out once and for all and go to bed.Why did this have to feel so nice?

Right on cue, he moves first and with a gentle hand, nudges my chin up so I have to look at him. I was wrong. That damn attraction is still hanging around and I think he might be about to kiss me again. If nothing else - that's probably one way to get him out of my house.

"I'm sorry for the other night." He says it so sincerely I instantly believe him.

I am an idiot.

"Ok. I mean it though. Please leave."

"I can't."

If that witch has put some kind of spell on my house I was going to be giving her a huge piece of my mind in our next encounter. Before I can tell him that, his thumb traces over my cheekbone to wipe away some new tears that I just can't get control of. Besides, what did that even mean - i can't. Well I can't do a lot of things, but I know when to leave. Especially after being told to do so a bunch of times.

"I don't understand what's happening anymore than you do, but when Brianna felt you were in trouble I had to come too. I thought you knowing about what I am would keep you away, but then there was that kiss and I..."

"You what?"

"I'm not someone you should be around."

"Then go away. We're different. You're this big, strong hybrid and I'm well, me. I get it. You don't owe me anything, I don't expect anything from you and we can just go our separate ways like nothing has even happened."

I just gave him an easy way out. I get it. I'm not exactly girlfriend material, not that I'd care about any of that anyway and he's right. Knowing what he is definitely gives me a reason to stay away. All he has to do now is walk out my front door and that's that. Simple. Easy. Why doesn't he look like he's leaving?

"That's not possible for me to do Samara, and I really don't care about our, differences."

"You say you feel this, I dunno, attraction, too so why ditch me like that only to turn up now worried I was in trouble?" Feelings talk, guaranteed to scare most guys away and if our past together has shown me anything, I really should just kiss him to get it over and done with.