Chapter 1: The truth being told

Heres another story that I made up, I put it on my other page but because I don't use it much anymore i moved to this one!!! Hope you like and read it thanks!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lake!!" I shoot up from my bed, my PJs are wet and sticking to me like glue. Mum comes into my room looking sad and worn out, mostly because of me. I tell her that she doesn't need to come to my room every time I have a nightmare, but she still comes anyway. After getting changed out of my wet PJs, I take a quick look at my alarm clock, its 7:30am. Mum comes and sits down on the edge of my bed so that we are staring into each others eyes, which I look away first. 

"Um, honey, I've just made arrangements for you to go stay at a boarding school your, ugh, your dad owns. He's the headmaster at the school..." I stare at mum for a long time thinking I heard wrong but I know I know that I didn't. Instead of screaming at the top of my lungs like any normal teenager would, I just wait for an explanation as to why I'm going to a boarding school that my 'father' who I don't even KNOW or want to know by the way, owns.  

See here's the thing, my dad left when I was only 2 years old. My mum and brother would never tell me the real reason behind why he left us but most especially me because I didn't even get to know him like Lake was able to which hurt the most...

"Well sweetheart, I think it's time that I told you that you that Lake didn't run away from home and that your father was forced to leave us..." She looks away for a second and I'm just dumfounded, but before I can utter a single word she speaks again. 

"You're father didn't want to leave us, he was forced to go back by his mother. His father was okay with our marriage but his mother on the other hand was not." She stops and I take advantage of this silence to ask a question. 

"Why didn't he just disobey his mother? He could have stayed here with us!" I say since thats what most people would do if they were being forced to choose between the person they love and their parents.  

"Honey he couldn't do that or we would have been on the run for our whole life. His parents are a vey strong family so if he didn't go to her, she would have found us and probably hurt one or all of us." She get up to leave but before she closes the door she turns around to tell me "Pack your bags you're leaving in couple of hours," I just nod my head knowing that this is my chance at finding the truth.

---------

Plane

4 hours later and I'm on a private plane to my new school that my father (who i don't know) owns. Have i missed anything out??? Oh yeah and my brother who i thought left me because he found out he was a - didn't really run away!! I'm the only person on the plane, other than the hostess and the pilot. 

"Miss, would you like something to drink?" A sweet voice asks. Looking up I see a girl around my age (probably younger) looking down shyly. 

I smile "Can I just have water, please." She passes me my water "Thank you, do you go to the school?" I ask slightly curious

She nods "My parents couldn't afford for me to come here but this is the only school that can keep me safe and I can be myself as well so the headmaster let me work when it doesn't interrupt my studies." She smile and I had to smile back. 

"Oh my names Raven, What's yours?" she looks taken back at my friendly tone, i frown a bit. 

"My name's Sophie." 

"You know how it's my first day and all... Could you possibly show me around?" she looks shocked for a minute but nods happily with a hint of confusion on her face. 

"Are you sure?? Cause you now that I'm not that well off in money-"I cut her off. 

"I don't really care so much about money or you're past, all I care about is you're personality, also if you have a kind heart. Pass me you're hand I've got this little gift in reading peoples hands." She gives it to me like we've been friends forever and we do this everyday, it makes me smile. But instead of reading anything like I said a vision comes to me. 

It starts of with her future: the first one is of her laughing beside me. I'm taken back because i usually don't see anything with me in it. It changes to her past, she's helping out little children that live in orphanages and some on the street who live in abandoned houses bringing them food, books sometimes money. Last but not least it's the present, it's of her being bullied physically by girls our age maybe older, a guy comes and see's her on the ground with blood pouring out from her mouth and walks away. I'm shocked for a bit because I know who it is. It's Lake, My older brother.