Chapter 11: Darkness, Darkness oh and more DARKNESS!!!!!

Recap:

“Stay safe.” I run towards the fighting, I spot mum, dad, Lake, Sophie and Seth are together. They were all in a circle since they were getting forced that way.

I shift.  I take down all the wolves using my powers as well.

“Thank you...” Lake says, I shift; they all go quiet, deathly quiet.

“Fight and don’t die.” I run before they can speak. I run toward Kasper. I stop at the scene in front of me. Kasper’s fighting alone they’re coming at him all in different directions. Kasper’s winning, thankfully. I see an earth elemental sneak up behind Kasper and hit him over the head with a bolder, making him fall on his knees.

Chapter 11: (my favorite number!)

“Kasper...” I whisper once I see him on his knees, I take one step and before I know what’s happening he’s already up and fighting again.  I stare in awe as I see his skilled movement’s he looks so graceful that it doesn’t seem to be a battle that could end up in you having to die.  I stand up and run toward him at full speed, taking down everyone that stepped in my way. I skid toward Kasper, my body automatically placing itself behind his, protectively.

“Go fight somewhere else! I don’t need any help! Go help the others!” Kasper shouts not turning around. I shift back into human form. Gun holsters are still on with guns and knives intact. It only took a second, thankfully. I start shooting at anything that comes close to my bubble that’s called personal space.

“I’ve been gone so long that my mate has forgotten me already?” I say spinning, kicking a brave, but stupid elemental in his stomach. Kasper whirls around to face me, leaving his back un-protected. A cocky Sci-fi comes up behind Kasper, I raise my gun and shoot, right between the eyes; Bull’s eye.

“Kasper, don’t get distracted now, you have lasted a couple of months without me, a few minutes won’t hurt.” I say aiming for another Elemental but before I can pull the trigger everyone around us are down and Kasper’s once again in front of me.

“Raven,” He whispers. His voice breaks. I pull him toward me and press my lips against his. Sparks fly making my body tingle. I spread my right hand in his hair and my left around his waist. Once we pull away, we’re both breathing hard, eyes dark.

“I’ve missed seeing your beautiful face alive and well.” He whispers, his hand carving itself onto my cheek. I kiss his palm before replying.

“And I’ve missed my I-pod.” He smiles then he replays the sentence all over again, his smile instantly turns to a pout.

“But I mostly missed looking at you.” I say smiling up at him. He returns it with a magnificent smile of his own. I suddenly remember something.

“Did you get your sister? And did you find the person who was betraying you?” I ask my hand going automatically to the pedant Kasper’s parents gave me.

Kasper shakes his head “Yeah, I found both but now is not the time to talk about it.” I nod but stop suddenly. I drop to my knees with my hands over my ears. I grit my teeth from screaming out loud. I see Kasper drop down to my level a worried look on his face.

“Raven what’s wrong?” He asks me with a sorrow filed voice.

“They’re coming…” I barely whisper                                      

“Who’s coming?” Kasper asks. I open my mouth but nothing but a strangled scream comes out. I shut my mouth quickly, biting back the scream that wants to be heard. I feel myself be lifted off the ground and carried somewhere. I can’t open my eyes as the pain is unbearable.