A True Shinobi

"You want to talk, your not going to try and capture me after all I am a traitor and a criminal"

"I don't care about any of that"

Is he trying to trick me I did just blow up the Anbu headquarters and not to mention the Anbu I killed before my capture. How could he not care about any of that, I'm not going to fall for his tricks I'll play it safe for now.

"So what do you care about"

"You"

His answer caught me a little off guard, he answered with so much conviction and confidence his expression never wavering. I can't let whatever feelings there may be between us cloud my judgement, as it stands right now I am his enemy.

"I don't care about any of that, now what did you want to talk about"

"We can't talk here it's not safe, follow me"

He started to dart off into the nearby forest and so I did as he asked and made my way to follow him. We had been running through the lush greenery of the forest for quite sometime now, I had forgotten just how beautiful this forest is, the thick layers of moss and the beautiful flowers that lay on the ground below and the way the sun would peek through the tops of the trees. It was truly a sight to behold.

I must've been admiring the forest for too long because I had lost sight of Itachi and that's when the panic started to settle in. This was his plan all along get me to lower my guard and then they'll take me when I least expect it.

I was broken from my thoughts when something reached out to grab me and pull me behind a thicket. That something was Itachi.

"Next time could you please tell me when your going to disappear like that, besides where are we"

I had a look around my surroundings and we were on a cliff overlooking a waterfall. I took very light steps towards the edge of the cliff and seen that is was quite a steep cliff with a deep flowing river stream at the bottom of the fall if memory serves well I believe this river is called the Naka River.

I turned my attention back to Itachi.

"Be careful not to fall, it doesn't look all that fun down there"

He didn't find my joke funny, he just stood there with his ever serious expression. On further inspection I noticed his eyes, they held no emotion - none - they were void - empty.

"Well now that we're here can you tell me what it is you so badly needed to talk about"

"I need your help"

He needs my help he must be joking, why would I help him.

"You need my help"

He gave a quick nod and that was it. Whether I believe him or not is irrelevant.

"What exactly would you need my help for"

He walked towards me every so gracefully and stopped a few feet between us and I wasn't expecting his next few words.

"To kill the Uchiha Clan"

I couldn't help the gasp that had escaped me just as he said those words for just a split second I could see all the pain in those eyes of his - those beautiful eyes that bore so much pain, anguish and where pleading for help for just some way to be free from the imprisonment of torture they had endure. I didn't need to ask, I knew from that split second he was serious about this more serious than he had ever been about anything.

"I think before I help you, you should tell me everything that has happened whilst I was gone"

And so he did, he told me everything about the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox's attack and the unnecessary consequences that had on the innocent Uchiha Clan, about the Uchiha's plans for a coup d'état, how he and the Hokage didn't agree with the idea so he became a double-agent for the Hokage in their pursuit of a more peaceful resolution and then finally he told me of Shisui's plan to use his Mangekyō Sharingan's Kotoamatsukami to force the Uchiha leaders to change their minds.

"Well where is Shisui then"

"Dead"

Again I could see for the briefest moments the pain in his eyes. I may have been Itachi's friend but Shisui was different Shisui was Itachi's first friend - his best friend and for quite some time was his only friend. I had only ever talked to him during classes but he was kind, intelligent and for someone so young was extraordinarily talented, he had the makings of one of the greatest Shinobi of our generation - he was special and his death was too soon.

"How"

"You shouldn't be asking "how" but why" 

"He died for the sake of the village and for the clan"

"Then who was the cause of his death"

"Do you remember the elder Danzo"

Danzo - I knew there was a reason why I hated him, ever since I first met him I never trusted him something just seemed off about him, in a way he reminded me of Orochimaru - a snake.

"Danzo stole one of Shisui's eyes and attempted to steal the other and he would've succeeded if Shisui had not escaped, he feared that if Danzo acquired both of his eyes he would use them to destroy the clan and so he gave me the other, then he sacrificed himself for the sake of both the village and the clan"

I knew this village was a terrible place but even I am shocked at this treachery and corruption that everyone seems to be blind too, it all made sense to me expect I couldn't understand why Shisui would sacrifice himself and I wasn't going to pressure Itachi for anymore answers regarding anything he just told me. I could tell this whole time it was hard for him and yet he still told me regardless.

It pained me to think about him struggling all this time with the pain of all this and the heavy burden that lay upon his shoulders and yet he bared all this alone, whilst I was slaughtering innocent people because I was told to. I couldn't help the immense amount guilt that had swallowed me whole on the spot - I truly am selfish all I cared about was my pain but in comparison Itachi has suffered far more than I and he still stayed loyal to his village - he and Shisui both are the definition of true Shinobi.

To even think of comparing myself to them is ridiculous, I'm nothing but a child who could never see the bigger picture. I had made my decision - I made my mind up the minute he asked me for help because no matter how many times I may deny it and hide it I can't fight my feelings for him - Itachi Uchiha my heart and soul will always belong with you.

"So what do you want me to do"